New Sub!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by duttybimma, Mar 31, 2004.

1. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

WUts up ppl... i'm new and i need some help. i'm 19 work at best buy as an installer... n e way i have a bmw 325is i have a big ass kicker 15 L7 powered by a rockford fosgate 801 (2400) pushing appoximately 850 rms... So here's the deal this sub is GIGANTIC for my small trunk... i want to get a new sub and use the same amp... i've been looking at the JL w6 which is very expensive, my budget is about $400... now i need that bass thats going to make heads turn and car alarms go off... and i need some of that good old sound quality... well u should know i live in the BRONX so u know i have to have a loud ass system... ne way any suggestion on subs... please let me know... i would like to go a single sub but i'm not to sure if i'm going to get that bass that i was getting from the 15 L7... it was very deep and loud... didn't sound to good though as for s/q but it made heads turn ; ).... please HELP!!!

AIM s/n : mrsweetnez007
    email: infinity1234567@hotmail.com
    cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/id/duttyduttylove

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Small box small woofer, massive output and to die for SQ?

What is the power at what impedance with the amp? Is it 850@1Ohm, or 2 Ohms, and what is the minimum load for the amp?

The Brahma will hammer the W6 in output and SQ, all in a tiny box. But the question is, will the amp be able to deliver? :(

3. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

200w RMS x 2 at 4 ohms
    400w RMS x 2 at 2 ohms
    800w RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms

Bench test sheet says: 930 RMS x 1 bridged output at 4ohms

4. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

i saw a Brahma 10 for 330 on ebay shipped... is that a good price the 12 is 360 shipped... should i go 10 or 12? does it make a big difference

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

OK, sealed B15 (2.5 feet) or if you want a smaller box driver with massive output, look into the B12, 1.9 feet tuned to 27Hz. The B12 will be very loud in a sealed enclosure, and will require less than 1 foot sealed space as well. I hit 144Db with a single B12 off 1700 watts in .6 (after displacement) sealed from the trunk of a Grand National...

[​IMG][​IMG]

That was the Brahma MK1 install, and my current install, with the Brahma 12 MKII looks like:

[​IMG]

1.9 feet tuned to 23.5Hz with 1700WRMS

6. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

WOW i like it... sounds good... i think i shall go brahma 12. so does 360 shipped sound like a good price or is there a better deal out there??

7. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

i think i might also buy another amp to push this sub and use the rockford amp i have for my mids/highs... whats a good amp to pair with this sub?

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

As far as I know, I have the best deal out there. I am authorized and shipping on Adire car audio is free.

9. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Power? 1000 watts will keep itt very happy. Even though it is rated at pmax of 1600, it needs 1/2 of that to get humpin. I see no reason to change amps out... unless you really want to ;).

10. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

AHAAAA.... sounds very good... umm i will be ordering from you fairly soon... but what amp would be good to use with this sub? can my rockford amp give me good sound from this sub?

11. duttybimma

duttybimma Full Member

Thanks for alL ur Help guy!!! greatly appreciate it.

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

That will be a great amp for the Brahma. For some cleaner inexpensive power look into Cadence. The Z7000, or the Z777 for massive power, or for a nice clean 900 watts, look into the Z9000. I personally run the Z7000 and LOVE the amp. They are all AB power (very clean). Look into the ZRS8 for class D power. Like I said before though, between 800 and 1100 is more than enough to impress your friends with this sub.

Oh, here is a place for the cadence:

http://usacaraudio.com/CADENCE.htm

Great prices.

13. PimpinD

PimpinD Full Member

if you want amp that will put less of a load on ur car, look into cadence A7HC, its a class-D amp puts out ~1400watts x1ohm, i have that running my 12inch brahma in a 1ft^3 sealed box, before displacement. Sounds fucking amazing, soon im going to build a 2.5ft^3 tuned to 30hz :)

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Are they still making the A7? My understanding was they were eliminating the A series, and going with the ZRS series. I may be wrong, and in that case the A7 is definately a great amp.

15. PimpinD

PimpinD Full Member

mmm that would be a bummer. i know it still shows up on cadence's website. I love those amps, i might have to grab another one before they become obsolete. Maybe ill grab an A4 also.

16. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The difference in output between 850w and 1100w probably wouldn't be worth getting...

If it requires a 4x increase in power to net a 6dB increase (2x increase)...
    And a 2x increase in power results in a 3dB increase...
    Then what would a 25% increase in power result in?
    Not even a single dB...
    ...and that's in theoretical-idealistic land...
    In the real world, it's even worse, when you have to factor in things like power compression as you increase the power. ;)