New Site Opening on the morning

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Apr 30, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

But I thought I would give you guys a Preview

as per usual I am not 100% compelte, but unlike every other time before I will be finished with this site shortly :lol:

anyway, let me know fo any major errors

http://www.shop4sound.com/index2.php

I want to draw your attention to 2 new Policies

1> Price match, you may notice all of the prices are a little higher than what your use to, will dont fear, I have a Rock soild price match policy, if I dont mathc your price, I will give you 10% your next order

2> 15 business day Ship time Gurantee, if I dont have your Products to you with in 15 business days I will give you 5% off your next order.....

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Nice Mike, you've got some spacing trouble with the menu on Mozilla based browsers though. [​IMG]

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

hmm Damn Mozilla, I hate that browser, never renders pages right, I have the Colum width set to 150px. I dont see why it is not renmdering it that way, good thind 90% of people still use IE

I will "try" to fix it tonight.....

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

hehehe I know how you feel :)

5. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Looks good to me Mike. The policies should be interesting though, i'm not sure giving someone 10% off the NEXT order will make a difference. It is a good marketing ploy though :), both policies are.

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Honest Bob

I can not duplicate your probelm, I just d/l mozilla and could not get it, I have not tried the Pheonix Fork which you appear to be using, but I dont know why they would make a differance

anyone else seeing this problem, aslo is it just ont that page or all of them??

BlkX

the Thinking behind that is if I have a higher price than Site X and for what ever reason I can not match that price you will probally buy from Site X, however I may be Lower or the same as Site X on another product, and sicne you get a 10% discount, BAM I get that sale, so while a May lose one sales, I dont loose them both :p

7. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Yes I am using Pheonix .5. Its on all the pages. Could just be my system though...

8. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

Mike please, I beg you. Wait until the site is finished before putting it up. I like to reccomed you for good prices and stuff, but half the time when I want to, you dont have stuff listed on your site. Either wait until it is completely fiunished to debut it, or at least remove the brands you dont have listed yet so people arent all confused. your driving me crazy with the half finished sites :lol:

9. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yes, i realized this. Hence why i said it was a good marketing ploy to inevitably get yourself more sales. :D :D

10. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Haha yea, i wish he'd just stick with one site design.

I really believe he enjoys designing the sites more than actually keeping them up.

11. The_spacemonkey

hey mike, at the bottom of the better audio page, I get this error:

[​IMG]

Oh yea, and shouldnt you put up a note that the BA subs are only on pre-order right now?

Hey mike, do you use i-powerweb for your server?

12. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Haha yea, i wish he'd just stick with one site design.

I really believe he enjoys designing the sites more than actually keeping them up.[/b][/quote]
    well I had every intention of competing the site, but I ran out of time. When I set a dead line I keep it, but all of the pages will be added by the end of next week, or atleast 90% of them, I have tue and wend off form work, thus most of the site design has to be done then

I can not keep with just one design, then it gets boring, the #1 reason people give for not returning to web sites is "static content and a unfresh look"

The Reason why the last few "designs" went unfinished is because I was not motivated to finish the, when you spend 8++ hrs a day writing up products and doing other non site deisng work only to get ZERO sales, it is pretty discrouging

You know how many sales I have gotten since I lost cadence, ???

6 ---- SIX that is it......

You know how many non cadence products I sold????? Not many,

Most people come to my site take my prices and have Zeb, SD< or another company match them, thus why I am not interested in offering the lowest price up front, and I have really no intention of being a major player in the online world, My goal is now to expand tthe local customer base,

13. The_spacemonkey

all very good points.... excellent work mike.. Did ya see the problem I found?

You should work out a deal to tbe the sole outlet for their merchandise :D

14. ASM

ASM Full Member

I'm using Mozilla 1.3 and it's doing the spacing on every page for me too.

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I dont know, I can not find a problem, I have tried everything I can thing of, nothing works, I have never liked mozilla

It works fine on Opera and IE, so that encopamsess 95% of the online world...

16. The_spacemonkey

you do plan on implimenting a shopping cart right?

17. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

not until CAT v5 is done

Then I will start working on a new Cart,

Since I dont adverstise at all, and a I rarely on CAF I dont get much business, which really does not bother them all that much right now, I am mmerely "sustaning" a business presence, I dont what to "go out of business" in a offical sense as it would be hard to reinstate myself,

I have plans, (not for pubilc releasle right now) but I c an not implement them right now do to other factors in my life,

and sicne I have not seen a order in a LONG time a cart is pointless anyway

18. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

19. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

20. ASM

ASM Full Member

Yeah, that page works. I still get the warnings at the bottom of every page that was mentioned before.

Warning: main(..inc/footer.htm) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/shop4sou/public_html/fusion/index.php on line 91

Warning: main() [function.main]: Failed opening '..inc/footer.htm' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/shop4sou/public_html/fusion/index.php on line 91