new premier deck

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MJE, Nov 3, 2002.

1. MJE

MJE Full Member

someones gotta know on here...and i dont mean abra who told me all pioneer decks suck whatever he said :)

seth i know you own a pioneer HU...and theres many others..
    after weeding through most of the noobies on CAF i got a couple answers...

hoping one of you could clarify which deck would be better...i managed to tear one of my ribbon wires on my older P1R...i was taking it apart anyways cause im going to order parts and rebuild it...

however i want to get a new either P1R like i had...(the sound was awesome)...or get a new P9 with the P9EQ

does the P9s 1000 dollar price difference have any justification?? or should i just purchase another P1R...(im not going to amp just my tweets, then just my midranges, and then midbass and subs...

idl ike to keep it front, then subs amped.

2. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

huh?? those are the funniest lookin pioneer deck numbers. Im confused... you are lookin for a pioneer premier HU right? Arent thier numbers like Deh-820p or 430p or something? whats with the P1R?.... maybe if you got a link......

well at least in general ill say they are awsome decks. The best features, the best usability, the best looks, and the best sound quality on the market in my opinion.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

4. The_spacemonkey

HOLY SHIT thats a bad ass looking deck.

5. AbRaKaDaVa

AbRaKaDaVa Full Member

In general I don't like Pioneer...

Ugly ugly UGLY :p

But those things are really high end...MJE was rambling to me about them the other day and I wasn't paying attention :D

6. MJE

MJE Full Member

mike that doesnt play Mp3s...nor does it play dvds..

anyways the P1R was pioneers best head unit before the P9...

but for functionality, id say the P1R would suit my needs better..just wanted some opinions...

its far above the level of the 820's etc etc

its a premier dex-p1r...

heres the link...nevermind pioneerelectronics.com isnt workin for shit tnite...

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

the DEX-P9 has dvd playback control

8. The_spacemonkey

NO WAY.... thats like the best part about them.... they are soo cool looking.

My self, I hate the way alpine, clarion, and JVC decks look. I just wanna piss on em. I kinda like the way blaupunkt looks too....

9. MJE

MJE Full Member

i still cant believe abra doesnt like the way pioneers look...i find the P1R...and most other pioneers to be awesome looking..esp at night.

have you ever seen the P9 at night??

xenon lights around the knobs...looks sweet.

maybe thats cause abra drives a 10 speed :) hes never seen a deck lit up before...heheh take that abra you pioneer hater.

10. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

hye mje just rescent talked to my friedn who had the p1r and sold it....i was told that the p9 has two modes...somethign like pro and soemthign else...the pro uses the seperate outputs for the highs mids and low while the other mode uses the outputs like other tuners front rear and subs....thats just what i was told i dunno how true its is...

and mike what can you get that deck with the eq for?

11. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

yes I know...............I invented it :D

jeff