New Member...

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by MaddoxBay, Dec 5, 2003.

1. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Hey Everyone
    New Member Here,

I am trying to learn some things about car audio without all the teen misinformation and propaganda.

2. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

misinformation propaganda ?????? I dont understand there is not such thing in car audio. You mean to tell me my woofers to push 1500 watts and my amps done put out 103db????

Welcome to the board buddy you will find only the best of the best here.

3. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Thanks,

I already know that I will like this site. I have read a few of the post here before I joined. Things are pretty straight forward it seems.

4. nismo

nismo Full Member

you from the polk site? well they told you wrong, everyone in the group here is all a bunch of immature idiots. wait--im sitting alone here. yes, everyone in this group here with me is a bunch of immature idiots. :bye:

welcome to our playpen! somebody change me i soiled myself.

eric :stupid:

5. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Not a member of a Polk site. Sorry did I miss something?

6. nismo

nismo Full Member

nope, we just had chris (geolemon) put the smack down on the polk board, and linked to this site for members lookin for info. thats about it...i was being a smart@$$ (or in my case, a dumb one :lol: )

eric

7. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Welcome MaddoxBay,

Just what I like to see!!! You know what you want and you know where to come. I feel you on the teel propaganda crowd, and that is why I just found a home and settled down in it. My buisness has suffered a bit since leaving all the other sites, but my sanity has pretty much returned ;).

Yes here at CAT we are more and adult propaganda crowd... We are mostly Adire groupies :p .

In all seriousness, I for one am proud of the people we have here. We are all respectful to each other and friendly as well. I think that we have some darn smart people on here too, which is good if you are looking to learn.

I think overall, we have had alot of time listening to some off the wall stuff as well, so you may find a pretty good amount of knowledge in off brand products.

Between the smart guys and the listened to alot of stuff guys, I think we can help lead you on your way to a great system.

8. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Yes here at CAF we are more and adult propaganda crowd... We are mostly Adire groupies :p .

[/b][/quote]
    CAF? hahahaha

9. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Thanks for introducing me Scott. B)

Welcome to the board. I'm sure you will enjoy it here. Please ask if you have any questions. I'm sure someone here can help.

So which sub should I buy if I want people to be able to hear it outside the vehicle? I want to impress everyone around me by my bass. Getting the finger from an old lady is a good thing, right?

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

actaully this is C.A.T.

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

CAF? hahahaha [/b][/quote]
    Darn you Stoner!!!! You couldn't have PMed me that could you :p

Old age and fat fingers, a nasty combo :lol:

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

LOL!!! That is so great, I can't believe I missed that opportunity LOL!!!

13. nismo

nismo Full Member

Darn you Stoner!!!! You couldn't have PMed me that could you :p

Old age and fat fingers, a nasty combo :lol: [/b][/quote]
    how bout this, you PM'd me welcoming me as an elite member of CAF as well...and my drawers are STILL soiled :blowup:

eric

14. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

You can introduce me as the best of the best too if you want. I won't stop you. :p

15. trifle

trifle Full Member

We swear we're not teens....LMAooo, you guys didn't make it any easier....

and you beat me to the adult propaganda line seth... B)

ahh who was chris on the polk board? i linked to here as well....

16. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

That was me! B)

...Layed the smack down? :lol:
    I was just apologizing for some pretty immature posts... not that I had anything to do with it, but I really thought that was giving CAF a bad name... not that it may not deserve it in many ways at this point. :(

Which gets to MaddoxBay's question "What did I miss?"
    NOTHING! Believe me.. just a bunch of the more adolescent posts you've ever seen, a whole bunch of people pouring onto Polk's poor forum berating their members for a pretty normal misunderstanding. :rolleyes:

But at any rate...
    Welcome, MaddoxBay!

It's great to see so many new members lately -
    especially nice to have people join up and say they think we are a more mature group (but we'll see if we can change that opinion for you over time. :bag: ).

17. trifle

trifle Full Member

hehe...i know that you are chris i just didn't know what name you were on there...unless you came in after the initial 7 or 8 pages...in that case i'll go check it out....but i did know who they were referring to...i was referring to you by name to figure out which guy on there you were...wait didn't i say that at the beginning? o well i'm goin to check it out

i was trifle, ibeenpolkED, and ed>polk....why 3 names? ~shrugs~ but yes it was pretty immature and you didn't miss anything maddox, by the way...welcome to CAT...

and it was the dumbasses from CAF that gave y'all a bad name, kinda bittersweet that it wasn't the good guys, but not that they would know that there on the polk board

18. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

Hey, Maddox, welcome aboard. I'm CAT's lone ED supporter :ss: This board may be a little Adire biased, but you will still get a broad slate of suggestions. One piece of advice: When Geo posts, grab a beer, sit back, and be prepared to read a novella :D Good stuff in his, and many others, posts, though. Oh, nevermind Michael's typos. You'll soon get used to them and be able to decode them ;)

:)

*Runs back into cave to avoid stoning by Adire dudes*

19. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

That makes you a more valuable member! B)

How many one-sided conversations do YOU want to have? ;)

20. MaddoxBay

MaddoxBay Full Member

Hey thanks for all the welcomes, I didn’t expect that much!