New Koda Drivers???!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Tirefryr, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Tirefryr

Tirefryr Full Member

Okay, I've seen some talk about the new line of Koda Drivers, but no info on them. Does anyone know anything about them? Basically looking for application specifics and availabilty. After doing some reasearch, I've settled on Adire again, but I need to know if I will need something to play with until they are available, and if they will suit my needs. The Brahma would suit me, but I'm not paying more for a driver than what I paid for the car total. Thanks to anyone who replies. :D

2. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

wait till spring

3. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Personally, I'd be seriously afraid - on many levels (I keep thinking up more and more :p ) - to even put a subwoofer in a car that I paid less than $400 for!!

:blink:

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

LOL

good one

5. Tirefryr

Tirefryr Full Member

Ha. Well, the whole vehicle and everything is budget friendly. The car itself is worth about $3K, but the engine and tranny were bad when I bought it and he didn't feel like doing the work, so there you go. $400 later, title was mine. To give you a little clue, I'll list what I've acquired so far.

HU- Alpine CDA7892: $125
    Processor- TBD
    Sub amp- Audio Art 100HC: $50
    Midbass amp- Audio Art 200.2RXT: $46
    Mid & Tweet amp- Audi Art 240.4XE: $27
    Midbass- Vifa PLs: $40
    Midrange- Aura 3": $48
    Tweets- Morel MDT20: $35 or possibly the 33s cuz I've had some lying around for over a year.
    Subs- ??
    Alarm- Nice Alpine unit: $30
    Linear acuators- Accel: $114

So far I'm at $550 and I have some good components in there. Bang for the buck!

Spring I can handle. Is that when they'll be available or just more info? Thanks guys.

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

have you used the Aura 3" midranges yet?
    I'm looking to purchase a whole slew of the 2" fullrange units myself, for a home line-array and dipole project...

7. Tirefryr

Tirefryr Full Member

Actuall, I plugged them into some tiny computer enclosures I had at about .02 cubes and vented them to 148Hz. They sound amazing for the money spent. Midrange is incredible and they extend well into the upper spectrum. They should work beautifully in that line array! Seemed to have useful output well down into the hundreds. I'm actually looking into the "Cougars." They are the 1" versions of the same driver. More compact than I could ever ask for and they model up nicely on BassBox. I talked to a guy at Madisound last week and he told me they will extend down to about 150. I could incorporate these into some kicks with almost no effort.