new guy. need a little help.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by elywaldoya, Oct 11, 2010.

1. elywaldoya

elywaldoya New Member

Hi,
    I'm looking for an audio system for my car. When i have enough money i would like a sub woofer also. But for now i just need to play CDs and listen to radio, but would like a system where i can add a sub and bass later on. And maybe the ipod compatibility.Budget of £150 although payday is soon and would be willing to spend more for the right system.

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i moved your post.

not sure of your budget since its not in US dollars. where are you from?

3. Klinkster

Klinkster Full Member

If he's in the UK, I think thats about $230 USD.

elywaldoya??

4. des343

des343 Full Member

if klinkster is right then 230 wont get you a lot but if your not too picky there is a lot of stuff that could sound great at cheap prices maybe just not A quality

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

ok if its 230 then you can buy a decent head unit with all the features you need.

e.g eq, crossover, 3 pre outs or at least a sub out.

then worry about your front stage, unless you like the sound of your factory speakers with the new head unit power.

you can find inexpensive sub amps and subs on ebay. thats if they ship to you.

500 watt amp and a 10 or 12 inch sub can be had for under 300 if you know where to look and know the brand works well.

audio pipe mono amps and 2ch/4ch amps are cheap and work well. i know several people that use them with great results.