New Dvc Technology

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Aug 10, 2004.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

You guys have to check this thread out. If CAF is being stupid, here's a quote from the thread:

I don't blame the poster. But it is amazing what some people will try to talk someone into believing.

Anyone wanna buy my microwavable icecubes? :p

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

2. objext

objext Full Member

That's totally true!

P.S. don't forget to break in your power cables for a few days before pushing them too hard!

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

:rolleyes: :blink: :lmfao:

4. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Hmm...
    Seth and I discussed making a silly invention to do just this!
    The sad thing is, I think I thought too hard about it, and actually came up with a concept that I think would actually be appealing to some of these guys...

I told Seth, but I don't want to say what it is publicly...
    Because nothing would make me sicker than someone seeing the idea, actually making it, and then making a fortune off of it. :rolleyes:

Related story:
    My father, way back in the 50's or 60's, was sick of having to unwind and rewind the little tuning heads on his guitar manually every time he broke a string, to change it.
    So, he took a piece of wood, carved to fit over the tuning knob, a nail, and a piece of dowel, and made a little offset wrench, of sorts... so you could fit this thing over the knob, and turn it, and quickly unwind and wind the tuning knob.
    He never did anything with it, just used it.
    Something like 5 years later, essentially the same exact thing appeared on the market... made of plastic, sold for a few bucks. Now they are sold everywhere, and you won't meet a guitarist who doesn't own one.
    Someone made a fortune on it. :eek:

5. TheSSG

TheSSG Full Member

That sounds like my grandpa, he's always inventing things to make things easier for himself. Then he gets all upset when he sees them at the store a few years later. It's funny.

6. _gonz_

_gonz_ Full Member

I wonder if what the guy is repeating got a bit jumbled up from the first time he heard it. Kinda sounds a bit like this:

Description:
    Phoenix Gold Xenon amplifiers feature Xe.load, which is a speaker impedance sensing circuitry that dynamically links the amplifier output to the speaker's resistance to insure full power on any load from 4 ohms down to 1 ohm. Xenon amplifiers will produce the same power regardless of the speaker impedance - a 600- watt Xenon amplifier produces 600 watts into 4 ohms, 2 ohms, or 1 ohm.

maybe he's confused?

7. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Yeah... probably confused between having the amp sense the load, and the speaker sense the "load" of the amp...haha

I think JL's amps apparently sense the load of the speaker...

8. texcon

texcon Full Member

I have some dehydrated water for sale - really, really cheap to my fellow CAT commrades!

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

That's how I made my fortune.
    Selling freeze-dried water to NASA.
    Genious plan. Muahaha....