New Driver From Adire

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Hey guys. I hope you don't mind me doing this, but I thought I would let you guys know that we started a pre-order for the Extremis 6. You can find a great deal of information on our website. BTW, it will be offered in 8 ohm versions.

If posting this here is wrong, then please feel free to delete this thread. I just know there are a lot of Adire fans here that might be interested in this.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

2. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

God damn you Steven! How well would these work IB? Crossed over from 50hz to about 125? With either 100/side or 300/side, depending on which amp I decide to mate them with. I'm thinking about getting these instead of the TB 6.5's.

I'm trying not to hit the button, I can't fight it, I need help! lol

Now that I think about it, I might just use these to replace the mids in my Kappa comps. Any thoughts? Dedicated midbass? or replace my current mids?

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

How will this behave as a drop in for the KODA6.1 set?

Also, depth figures would be nice.

4. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

OOOOH OOOOOH!

Maybe I should buy 4 of them and replace the 4 drivers in my monitor 7's. :yes:

5. Steven Kephart

They should work just fine in that application.

300 is way too much. I'm sure they would work just fine with 100 watts though.

As a midbass it should work fine. But I don't know how well they would work with the Kappa crossovers.

Probably not too well. They don't quite have the upper end extention of the Koda mid, so there might be a dip between the tweeter and midrange. The crossover would have to be modified for a lower crossover point on the tweeter (which it would do just fine from a frequency response standpoint), but that would come at the cost of lower power handling on the tweeter, as well as giving up a little output capability. But those are minor issues.

My future plans are to run a set of these in the doors, and put the tweeters up in the pillars and go all active. I figure with 72 dB slopes available to me, any lobing issues will be VERY small. And any that show up can be taken care of with the super precise timing and equalization processing I have available. Not to mention the test equipment available to set it up right.

<!--QuoteBegin-sandt38
    @Sep 19 2004, 07:03 PM
    Also, depth figures would be nice.
    [post=22176]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/quote]

Yeah, I noticed that too. I was going to mention that to Dan when I see him next so he can get them on the site.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

there is a promo fee of $1,000,000

Please make Check payable to : The Michael Foundation for the poor

:p :p :p :p :p :p

7. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Steven, the kappa crossover point is 3500hz. I don't think the extremis will have any problems playing that high.

doh, nevermind. I forgot that the koda is 3500hz also. Nevermind.

8. objext

objext Full Member

Depth...hell, what about diameter? I take it as 6", but it doesn't actually say :lmfao: Cutout diameter would be nice as well ;)

9. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Steven, YGPM

10. Poseur

Poseur Full Member

hmm, I guess this would be WAY easier to mount than the koda 8's eH? I've actually come to the conclusion that 8's aren't necessary for what I'm looking to do (60hz in-door) Anything lower than that and my window-strips rattle hard in a way that I'm not quite sure how to dampen. As long as they're notlike 5" deep this looks VERY promising indeed.... PLEASE keep up updated on the dimensions...

Sothen when're you coming out with a Koda4.1 component set so we can 3-way them bad chikkens?

11. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

The traditional magnet version that I saw last time looked sexier with it's huge topplate showing....

The neo motor doesn't look as good...

12. Steven Kephart

How many times do I have to tell you, don't reverse mount your mids. :p

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

13. Steven Kephart

BTW Derik, I will get back to you tomorrow. I want to consult some experts first to give you a more accurate answer. :yes:

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

14. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Sounds good.

15. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Not reverse mounting them... just putting windows in the back of my mains so people can see inside, like those sub boxes... I think i'd make a bandpass midrange with two Extremis 6's The window can then be in the front.

16. Steven Kephart

I guess I might as well give you guys the link to our other new product. Here it is.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

17. objext

objext Full Member

I could go for a koda 8 or two... :p

18. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

I need money :(

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

so do I, where is my Money Steven ;) :p

20. hobbes26

hobbes26 Full Member

Where's the 12V version of those amps! I wanted one per channel of my Kodas!! Comeon Steven, get cracking on it!