New Audio System

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by DanOpi, Mar 27, 2011.

1. DanOpi

DanOpi New Member

Okay hey there all! I'm new to car audio and got most of my help in the live chat here! I appreciate it a lot! But i have a Pioneer DEH-5200HD deck and then i have new Pioneer speakers too! I was just curious how i set the confusing and complicated setting on the deck? Is there a right way or wrong way? Or just how it sounds best? And also how can i avoid blowing out my speakers? My next question is what component should i get next? Amp, Sub, Etc. Now i'm new so something that sounds just okay to you guys will probably be godly to me! Just keep that in mind. I don't want anything pricey but i want something that's good quality. My budget is low since i'm in highschool and don't currently have a job! What do you guys think i should get next or work on next? Thanks for the help in advance!

Pioneer TS-G1343R
    5-1/4" 2-way car speakers:
    Details:

5-1/4" 2-way speakers (pair)
    injection-molded polypropylene composite woofer cone with treated cloth surround
    1-3/16" PEI film balanced dome tweeter
    power range: 2-25 watts RMS (140 watts peak power)
    frequency response: 40-26,000 Hz
    sensitivity: 89 dB

Pioneer TS-A1673R
    6-1/2" 3-way car speakers
    Details:

6-1/2" 3-way car speakers (pair)
    also fits in 6-3/4" speaker openings
    injection-molded polypropylene woofer reinforced with basalt, graphite, and Aramid fibers — rubber surround
    3/8" PET dome tweeter
    1-5/8" cone midrange
    power range: 2-35 watts RMS (220 watts peak power)
    frequency response: 37-25,000 Hz
    sensitivity: 91 dB

~DanOpi

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

As for setting the tone controls and such on the deck, simply adjust them so they sound good to YOU. To help prevent the blowing of speakers....if it sounds "bad" or "distorted", turn it down....clipping is what kills speakers voice coils. Next step would be to add a sub and amp.