Need tips for Applying eDead

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by logictrip, Sep 11, 2003.

1. logictrip

logictrip Full Member

Hey I'm completely to this type of thing. Anyone have any tips as to how to apply eDead effeciently?

I bought a 60ft roll.

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I like to apply deadener in cooler weather on cool surfaces. I suggest using a hair drier on a hot setting to soften and create a better adhearance of the material. Slowly apply the deadener following the heat from the drier. I am not sure why, but for some reason deadeners seem to do better when heated and applied to cool surfaces. I like to use a rag wrapped around the butt end of a screwdriver (and in some instances my thumb) to help press it firmly. Always squeeze out all air bubbles possible, and go after complete coverage.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    These are a couple pics of my floorpan deadening. As you can see, I pressed firmly enough to get the deadener completely affixed to all contours of the surface. I pressed so hard in fact, that what you are looking at are the second and third layers of deadener in these pics.

( You can see more here )