Need some help i cant find the answer to this!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by manutdfan7, Apr 6, 2009.

1. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

okay my plan is to get an archos 405 or 505....
    then run it to a dock and from the dock run it to a 7' touch screen in my dash...
    if i do this using av cables will it bring up the exact same screen that i have on my archos and will i be able to do everything from the touch screen that i could do with the screen on my archos?
    reason being i want to hide my archos in my dash so it doesn't get stolen and i will have a bigger screen that way.....

2. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

come on guys....
    i need you smarter people to help a brotha out....

3. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

please!!!!!!!!!!

4. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

wish i could help but i have ZERO knowledge about stuff like that.

5. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

me too. sorry bro

6. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

sorry me ether.

7. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

guys your killin me lol
    im a member of like 5 different forums and iv posted that on all of um and kno one knos!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    oh well i guess il just keep searchin lmao

8. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

If it has audio/video out, then you should be able to wire it with rcas to your 7 inch touch screen, not sure about the dock your talking about, is that just the power cradle? But i don't see how you could possibly control it from your 7 inch touchscreen, it wouldn't be through the rca cables that's for sure. Download the manuals for each one and read them both to see what it's capable of, if it doesn't mention anything in the manuals then your out of luck.

http://www.archos.com/products/gen_5/archos_405/more.html?country=global&lang=en

9. manutdfan7

manutdfan7 Full Member

hey man thanx alot il lookin to what you recommended.....
    ill let you kno how it goes...