Need Info On 3000gt/stealth Door Speakers

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by peter_euro, Jan 10, 2004.

1. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

Does anyone know if there is a way to fit speakers in the doors that are deeper than 2.25in that is allowed by the distance to the side glass when using factory mounts? The grilles are flash with the door panels and are not round so it seems the only way would be to put some spacers under the door panel... Is this possible and how deep could the speakers be then? The choices really suck if the 2.25 depth is the max... Basically only Illusion Audio and Diamond Audio Hex... I am using Hex but not happy at all with them... Please help if you know the answer....

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I may have misread something, but did you have room for some MDF baffles? That's what i'm using with the mids i'm running now. I've got some pics on my SD page (in sig) of em.

3. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

I do not think I do... I think it is pretty tight behind the grilles in door panels... but I was hoping someone knows more... I just do not know how much I could go out and still be able to put the door panels back on... In my 90 Pathfinder, I was able to use 0.5 spacers between the door skin sheetmetal and the grilles in the door panels (same deal design like in 3k) but in this car I just do not know.. Am I the only one with car like this or are the other 3k owners not willing to share the info? LOL... :rolleyes:

4. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Yea, i've got 1.5" of spacers from the sheetmetal on the inner doorskin and the outer doorpanel barely fits back on, but it does fit :).

5. peter_euro

peter_euro Full Member

LOL, nice looking truck little comfort with 3k....