Need Help Installing

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Daphfz, May 12, 2011.

1. Daphfz

Daphfz New Member

Hey guys I need help installing a sound system into my car. I have the following:

2 x 6.5" Front Speakers
    2x 6x9" Rear Speakers
    1x 1000W US-Audio Sub
    1x Sony xplod head unit
    1x jvc 4 channel 520W? amp (its in the 500's, not sure if it is 520 or 570.)
    And all the speaker and power cables etc etc.

Now I bought this off a guy who wasnt really clear on how to hook it up again but he said he had everything hooked up to the amp.

Okay so anyway, im trying to figure out how to hook it all up, because he said he had the sub hooked up to the 'rear speaker' terminals on the amp. Can I hook up both the front and rear speakers to the 'front speaker' terminals on the amp? or would that damage the speakers?

2. Fbmowner

Fbmowner Full Member

Depending on what the speaker specs are and how he wired it, i really couldnt tell you. But what id do is bridge the sub off the rear channels of the amp with the sub outputs from your headunit going to the rear inputs on the amp.. Run your front speakers off the other channel on the amp and hook the 2 rear speakers up to the headunit.

3. Daphfz

Daphfz New Member

Okay thanks I will give it a try :)

4. 1klw

1klw New Member

system 1 deck to run the front spkrs the 4 channel amp to run the rear spkrs off channel 1 and 2,then run you channel 3 and 4 for your sub woofer,allways check to see the impedence of the subwoofers with a meter,and check out the spec to see if that amp will do what you want.
    -system 2 run the front and rear spkrs together in pairall to the amp (you wont get fader control)and run the sub off of the other half of the amp.what kind of vechicle is this?

5. Daphfz

Daphfz New Member

an 88' Holden VL, yeah Im close to hooking it all up, ive got the audio and power cables run on opposite sides of the car, just waiting to get screws to screw the amp down before i start everything ^.^ thx for the reply :)