Need Help Asap

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Beauagain, Sep 22, 2004.

1. Beauagain

Beauagain Full Member

I'm building a box for a buddy of mine and I dont have my program on my new computer. I'm building the box 2.5 cubic feet. I have some adjustable ports that are circular with a 4.5" diameter. What deapth do I need for about a 35hz tuning?

2. Poseur

Poseur Full Member

www.linearteam.org Free download. winISD

My version has set diameters and 4.5 isn't an option...
    4"dia is 8.18"
    5.5"dia is 16.8"

Keep in mind this isn't acocunting for the area the port takes up inside for the box, so you're likely looking at an actual smaller area, which would mean longer ports. (2cubic feet even with a 4" port is 10.9" for 35hz)

3. Beauagain

Beauagain Full Member

I found a little calculator on 12volt.com
    BTW...Hi mike...I've finally made the plunge back into car audio. I built a box for a buddy yesterday for his solo, I had so much fun I went yesterday evening and bought four Solobaric 10's that i'd like to put in my camino. I think I went overboard because I dont know if my charging system is up for an amp to push 4 10's and some highs. I'll get that taken care of though...not a problem.
    Anyway...i ended up with the box being just a tad under 3 cubes using two of those adjustable ports i had.

4. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

WinISD is very inacurate with it's ported box recomendations. I would recomend checking on another program instead.

Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio