Need everyones opinion...urgent...got pics

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by FaintReality, Oct 2, 2002.

1. FaintReality

FaintReality Full Member

I am goona get my install done starting next week but still need ideas on how to place all the equipment. I have (2) JL 300/2 amps, (2) JL 500/1 amps, (2) 10" Brahma's (on order), and will probably have like (2) caps. I will probably have the caps and distro. blocks part of the install as well. I have included pics of my trunk, with a JL 300/2 amp to give you an idea of the size of my trunk. All the JL amps are the same size.

Please give me any ideas and/or drawings if you can. I need all the ideas I can get. I only have $1300 for the install, so I can get it pretty detailed and clean, but not to crazy. This will be in shows, so there will probably be plexi, lights, fiberglass, brushed aluminum, logos, etc. involved, so give me your ideas.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I got a couple ideas, but no way to load up pics on this site. Hit me up on AOL IM if you use it and i'll let ya know what i got in mind. Screenname's in the sig.

3. FaintReality

FaintReality Full Member

I added you to my aol. You can email them to me if you like.

Dave
    faintreality@hotmail.com

4. FaintReality

FaintReality Full Member

Here was my first design I thought up. A few changes would have been made, but this is just a rough design for ideas.

[​IMG]

Everything in blue would be plexi, back lit with blue lighting. The fiberglass would be an exact mold of the amps, in which the amps would be flush mounted. The plexi. follows the grooves of the amps. Behind the JL logos in the corner, I would place the caps (1 on each side). "JL Audio" below the JL logo would be etched in the plexi in which it would light up. I would then flush mount the subs in the floor, with a little fiberglass on top to give them some style, and an "Adire Audio Brahma" logo in there some how. The only problem with this setup is that the plexi has to be bent to form to the corners of the trunk, and the fiberglass would have to be an exact mold of the amps to follow the design grooves, in which I am thinking will set me past my $1300 limit. I am also thinking of having the amps mounted to a piece of plexi, held by some machined aluminum, in a way that makes them look like they are floating and of course would be lit up. Another thought would be to have an inverted brige of amps in the center of the trunk, going from the front to the back in a floating design, whith the subs fiberglassed in the corners where the JL logo is at in the pic. I am not sure how the position of the subs would effect the SQ/SPL with this design?

Any suggestions or opinions, please commet......

5. Griff

Griff Guest

For simplicity, mount the amps to the back of the rear seats, and place the subs facing towards the driver but in the boot, then you have a discrete system that is sweet looking after you fold down the back seats.

That is a great car!

6. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

I don't think he's too interested in simple... A show install is what he's after i believe.