Need advice

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by AlpineManiax, May 29, 2010.

1. AlpineManiax

AlpineManiax New Member

Hi everyone,
    I just have my audio system. it's second hand and the guy who I bought from was the one who install it in the car for me.
    The spec is
    2 - 12inch pioneer subs
    front speaker blaupunkt
    rear speaker pioneer
    pioneer 2ch bridgeable 3000w
    alpine 2ch bridgeable 2500w
    the guy installed all the speakers and the subs on pioneer amplifier and told me that he is not gonna use the other amplifier because my head unit only got 2 rca connector.
    I just wondering is the system will working fine or it will cause some electrical damage or burn later on?

Thanks

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

so he wired 6 speakers to a 2 channel amp? What is the model number for the amp?

3. AlpineManiax

AlpineManiax New Member

Hi
    Thanks for the reply.
    yup he pretty much wired it together.
    the amplifier is pioneer gm 3100t

4. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Well you're not getting any power whatsoever to your subs if he wired everything to one amp. Is it possible to do? Yes. He probably wired all of the speakers together and put them on one channel then wired to subs together on the other channel. The amp you posted up only does 60 x 2 @ 4ohm, 75 x 2 @ 2ohm, and 150 x 1 @ 4ohm mono.

What head unit do you have?

5. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

you need to hook up that other amp and wire your woofers to that and run your main speakers off the other amp, or run the main speakers off the radio and the subs off the amp.