need advice please help!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by gazza1925, Jun 8, 2010.

1. gazza1925

gazza1925 New Member

hello i have a friend with saxo 1.1 and i have put in a 10000 watt amp with 2 i think there 19" fly subs and 4x 6x9 and then i have put in another amp for the replacement door speakers. now there is a big drain on the power system and has run out of power as such just wondering what you guys would do from here to get the power out put back up, like getting a new audio battery or a power cap, or anything else would help. THANKS:(

2. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Anyone that puts ten thousand watts in a car will need electrical upgrages, or did you mean one thousand watts??? Anyway a second battery and a big alternator along with upgrading all the wiring to 0 awg. Adding a cap will not make up for a weak electrical system. What brands and models of amps did you install.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

^^^what he said^^^

4. gazza1925

gazza1925 New Member

hello and thanks for getting back to me it is 10000 MOSFET 6 Channel Car Hifi Amplifier 10000 Watt and VIBE BlackBox Stereo 4 Amplifier. any ideas or clear guides to wiring two battery together. i would be able to change the alternator if i new what to get and the wire to a subtitle awg wire. any thing eles come to mind thanks for this help

5. eviling

eviling Full Member

uhm..again , if it's 10,000 watts..add or replace your alternator, i'm not even sure if a 300 amp alt would cover 10,000 watts very easily and you'd need AT LEAST 2 batterys, and make sure you use isilolarors between them to insure they don't drain each other. you can pick them up anywhere, for 30-80$ and the alt..will cost ya pretty penny. you're most likly talking some seriouse upgrades...how could you get this far into something with out the thought "hey i might need a bigger alt" O_O

what size wire are you running to this amp? several 1\0 lines or 1 2\0, i don't even know if 2\0 is enough O_O wheres my wire gage when i need it XD lol but running to small of a line will also draw more power from the system, and create more heating, potencialy breaking parts and melting components, namley, the wire.

6. DatDude08

DatDude08 Full Member

Can you post a link to this amp?

7. gazza1925

gazza1925 New Member

hey just search 10000watt amp in ebay and it will come up, and why not try it, do dont no what you dont try and its a work in progress. wait while we have done!. what ever we need it will be sorted out so we thought why not have a go. if you have any guides on how to wire multiple battery up it would be a big help, but i have a good idea im a machine, im at this time running 3x0awg wires from the battery. have you any ideas on the replacement alt we would need??? any other good ideas fr our project would be good thanks again

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

would run MULTIPLE runs of power wires, run ATLEAST dual 300amp alts, and use as many batteries as possible. Just positive to positive and negative to negative on the batteries too. And what kind of car is this going into?

9. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I had to look it up also Jonny, its made by Citroen, it has a 1.1 litre engine, 60 HP and 65 Ft lbs of torque and does the 1/4 mile in 19.4 seconds. Im sure the stock alternator probably makes like 50 amps max, if this guy put dual alts in this thing he will never get it started.

10. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

I had to go look at ebay, the only car audio amp that I found was a PPI, rated for 10000 watts at .5 ohms requires minimum 14.4 volts and performs best at 16 volts it goes for about 2500 dollars

11. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

wow.........

12. brookethom

brookethom Member

Are you one of those veritable music lovers who seek perfection in their listening experience wherever they are?

13. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

To whom are you referring to?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

I have a friend with one of those soundstream amps XXX10,000. Dual alts in a benz and 2 1/0 ga. wire runs and 2 1/0 ground runs just for that amp. He has 6 batts in the trunk too.

either way you look at it, if that amp you have really puts out pure 10,000 (which im stating to doubt) you are gonna need a lot of dough to get it set up.

15. eviling

eviling Full Member

yeah, you're in way over your head if you ask me :|