Need a Business Idea

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Jan 26, 2003.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I need money really bad so I need to start some kind of business to refill my empty money silos.
    A little while ago I had a game copying business that was fairly succesful but now the technology has gotten tot he point where everyone is doing it on their own.
    It was illegal but the cash was flowing and I was very :) .
    Do you guys have any ideas for what I can do now?

THINK! :D

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

drugs and women :D :D :D :D :D :rolleyes:

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

and legal......... :)

4. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Go for a job. Check your local Walmart, burger king, McD and grocery stores. I am shure one if not all are hiring.

5. prophesized

prophesized Guest

start an online car audio shop...

6. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I already work and Ill pass on the online sales idea....... :D

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

there is NOTHING legal that you can make fast cash.....

Selling Copyrighted Games was Illegal.....

8. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Get some really good stock tips and trade stocks. That's the only way to make money quick...and lose it too :).

9. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

Buy bongs and pipes wholesale online and sell them out of your trunk at concerts. Kind of illegal though...

10. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no it is not...

there is nothing illegal about selling Smoking Pipes, you have no Idea what the consumer will smoke out of them, Tobbaco, Smoking Mix, or Illegal Drugs

Just like Selling a Gun is not Illegal even though it COULD be used illegally...

11. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Two successful ideas that I have been through, being in the same boat at your age:

1) buy and sell inexpensive cars. In the low price range, you can find lots of cars that people just want to dump, basically. Landlord doesn't want the extra cars on the lot, etc..
    You can find cars with some sort of damage that the seller is too lazy to fix, and as a result the car is nearly worthless. Exhaust leaks are a biggie because the car just sounds bad to the average joe. Bad state of tune. Bad brakes. Alignment problems.
    You can buy cars in the $500-$1000 range that are 1) rust free and 2) otherwise fundamentally run OK, that you can repair for often under $200 and double your money. Sort of like a mini-restoration. Most repairs take like, a weekend, too. And you can drive them.. in fact, I started doing this on accident, just I was looking for a good beater to drive around in the winter.

2) do stereo installs. Register yourself as a tax collecting business, and reap the benefits. First off, if you can do quality installs, you can get what seems to you to be a premium, but compared to the established shops out there is a bargain. Strike that balance.
    But a nice side-benefit is, that as a business, you have inherent expenses...
    Tools, supplies... parts for a demo vehicle...
    All that, you can write off on your taxes.
    When I was doing installs in college, let's see.. i was able to write off my Neuspeed springs, Koni dual-adjustables, strut brace, rims and tires, fiberglassing and installation supplies, lots of tools, head unit and changer, amplifiers, subwoofers, speakers, wiring supplies, etc...
    Not a bad side effect of being an entrepreneur! ;)

12. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Kinda like me charging $20 to fix somones computer. Way below the $60/hour the shops charge for inhome service but to me its gas for two weeks. All for doing something I love.

13. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Geo, I have to through in my legal Advisor

CHECK LOCAL LAWS BEOFORE ENTERING IN TO ANY BUSINESS......

In Indiana

#1> if you were to buy and sell more then 5 cars per month you would legally have to registar as a Car Dealer, in doing so you would be required to have $$$ insurance, and purchse a Minmum Number of Dealer plates, plus have all kinds of Filling fees and Paper Work to go with them......

#2> I if you do this remeber you can be Held Liabile for any Damanges incuredwith Installing, with todays new Electronily controled Vechiles it is harder and Harder to do even simple installs without a greater Risk of Damaging Computers, Airbags, Anitlong Brakes, or Sensors...
    Shop carry insurance, and are Incorperated so that to owner Personal Assests are protected from Civil Claims, if you venture out on your own, this will not be th case...

Thus Why I do not Do installs, I only sell the Equipment, Until i have a Faclity, with all the Insurance etc to protect me against civil claims, in this day in age with everyone sueing for everything you dont want to take any chances

14. gscustoms

gscustoms Full Member

i make $15p/h giving the old people in my condo complex computer lessons....i mean SIMPLE stuff...how to go to a website, or email... make an extra $30-45 like that a week, Also i Wash cars...

At my job i made up little business cards, and my boss lets me use the parking lot and hose if i need it.

I charge $50-$100 to wash,wax,detail,vacuum...ect, basically make it look completly new again, it's allot of work, but it's fast money! takes about 2 hours a car.
    I make about $100 a week from doing that....Then there's the Full time job and the part time job....i keep busy ;)

just some ideas....

15. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

lol you sound like me, work work work

I went a full year once with out "hanging out" with any of my freinds, at all, I starts going back around them and their like "where have you been" :D :D :D :D :D

16. Slump_Da_Hustla

Slump_Da_Hustla Full Member

no it is not...

there is nothing illegal about selling Smoking Pipes, you have no Idea what the consumer will smoke out of them, Tobbaco, Smoking Mix, or Illegal Drugs

Just like Selling a Gun is not Illegal even though it COULD be used illegally...[/b][/quote]
    Selling bongs isn't illegal if you have a business lic. and a place to do business but I don't thing you're allowed to just drive around slangin' shit out of your trunk...

17. gscustoms

gscustoms Full Member

sad thing is, i STILL have no money....

I cant wait until college is over with so i can make real money!

good thing is though i make so little money that i get most of my income tax back!

always somthing to look forward to!

18. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

That is why I keep Shop4sound open

TAX REBATE :D

19. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Im thinking of selling heroine for a few months......I can male a nice "shit load" of cash and then be out before anyone catches on :p

Now where the fuck do I get heroine?

20. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Yes, you are right about the liability...
    But you have to have confidence in the work you do...
    I mean, if some installer set MY airbags off, damn right it's their fault!

But that's why you charge money...
    That's why you take advantage of the benefits! ;)
    I definitely understand if that makes you leery though...

As far as selling cars goes.. sure, you are probably limited to a few cars a year... but if five cars gets you $3000 profit, that's not bad to suppliment a year's toy money, if you are looking to fund a stereo or something!
    ;)