Mystery wires!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by E Grey, Dec 21, 2011.

1. E Grey

E Grey New Member

Hey guys, I don't know if i'm in the right place for this question, but if I'm off-base maybe someone could point me in the right direction.

My girlfriend bought a used 2003 Honda Odyssey recently AS-IS that seems to be all right so far, but coming from under the dashboard on the driver's side are two jacks that don't seem to be for anything. The way they're just hanging out there it looks like they were installed by the previous owner, but for what purpose I don't know. I was wondering if anyone here has seen anything like this. I just happened to be reading up on fm modulators and thought this might be some sort of audio mod. I can't imagine there are a buncha Odyssey's out there with funky wires hanging out. Any knowledge ya got or even speculation would be appreciated. Thanx!
    DSCN1099.jpg

2. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

The bigger end is for an XM/ Sirius antenna, so it has had an external add on XM unit. The smaller plug in more than likely the power plug.

3. E Grey

E Grey New Member

Ah, okay! No mention was made of an xm receiver or anything like that by the dealer. I wonder if it's just wires that are left. Thanks for your help Ranger.

4. danny_khan

danny_khan Full Member

these wires are used for Navigation units mostly. the who owns might have to travel to unknown place so he might have the Nevi unit connected to it.