My setup, thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by mattcl321, Apr 1, 2009.

1. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

Ok, I believe i finally know what I want. I will just line up the entire setup for you guys,

Headunit: Jvc Kw-avx810 (installed)
    Components: Alpine SPX17 pro (planning on purchasing)
    Amp: Kicker zx650.4 (installed)
    Sub: Image dynamics IDQ 10' (planning on purchasing)
    Amp: Kicker zx750.1 (bought but not installed)

What do you guys think? will that be to much power from the amps on both instances? also, would love to know if this box would work with the IDQ
    http://www.soundoffaudio.com/item.cfm/id/1227
    thanks

2. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the image dynamics IDQ 10' is in no way an SPL sub. If you are going with SQ then yes that sub is a good choice. However, it's only 250 watts RMS while your sub amp is 750watts. if you are going to buy the DVC 4ohm sub then wire it a 2ohms then you'll be putting too much power to the sub IMO. .5 cu. ft. is what the box you want to get is, which matches the requirements of the IDQ. so with the exception of the amp being a little overboard you're fine.

3. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

yeah that amp will be a lil too much for the sub. maybe the kicker 350.1

4. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

ok, yah i get what you guys are saying. Since I allready have that amp tho its the sub that will have to change. Any suggestions on what sub to buy that I can put in that kind of wattage and still be a nice sq sub? (mist be 10')

5. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

what about the JL6v2? it says .5-1?

6. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

we're not too crazy about JL here. They make good stuff but they are a little on the pricey side. you can get better for less money

7. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

allright i would love your suggestions then

8. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

the sub that jonny gave a link for is a very nice sub. and the ideal enclosure for it is .5 cu ft.

9. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Elemental Designs Subs sound really good too!

10. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

Id like to stay away from eD if possible. thanks though, anything else?

11. jonnyv713

may we ask y?

12. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

Heard many bad things. Really bad customer service, and ive heard of a couple bad issues with the company in the past. Im sure they may make a nice product, I would just rather stay away.

13. jonnyv713

i have heard the exact opposite! may i ask who u have talked to about them?

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

bad customer service?? LMAO, they actually have great customer service and awesome warranties.

15. jonnyv713

exactly^^^^

16. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

ok, im not here to argue on a topic I know very little about. Thats what I heard, you probably would know better since it looks like you guys have the product. But I will reiterate that Im not looking at eD subs. Any other suggestions?

17. pedro quiroga

what about a higher powered image dynamics sub? or the JL you mentioned.

ok, alpine type S subs work in small enclosures, i cant think of any others right now. if it didnt need to be so small then you could look at kicker as well.

18. mattcl321

mattcl321 Full Member

yah it need to fit in a smaller enclosure, .65cu is what it is. Its too small for the higher powered id subs, although I would love an IDMAX

19. pedro quiroga

well you could always wire the amp for a 4 ohm load and run less power from the amp you already own. or an 8 ohm load and you would deff not have to worry about it blowing your sub,and it will still have plenty of power.