My propsed build, any thoughts??

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by hairbandlover, Feb 22, 2011.

1. hairbandlover

hairbandlover Full Member

Car- 2000 Nissan Sentra 4dr sedan
    Music- classic rock(ACDC,Judas Priest Rush etc)

Head Unit- Pioneer DEH-P6700MP (already had bought new essentially never used) http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/archive/DEH-P6700MP/index.html

Amp- Alpine PDX-5 CEA-2006 Power Rating (4Ohm@14.4 V =1% THD+N), S/N 76dBA (Ref: 1W into 4Ohm & 2Ohm for Mono ch.):
    75W x 4 + 300W x 1 Cost-$339.00

Sub- RE Audio SRX10 10" sealed. 300 watt rms plus enclosure Cost-$134.00

Components- Phoenix Gold RSD6.5CS Cost-$100.00

Coaxials-RE Audio RE6.5FR 70 Watts RMS Cost-$45.00

Install with wiring and all Cost $500.00

Total investment-$1118.00 give or take.

So any feedback on my choices?? Could I do better?? All I am really trying to do is make my commuter car sound better than the factory, not worried about show or ear drum breaking loud. I just want a clean crisp full sound for my music.
    As I understand it the two areas not to skimp are amp and speakers, and as I do realize the RSD's are cheap I have heard they are a great bang for the buck, and these were made before Phoenix was bought out and cheapened up. I am looking forward to some feedback Thanks everyone!!

2. des343

des343 Full Member

wow your going to spend that much money for one 10 and an amp...none of that even pushes near enough power for the buck imo...

im no expert but this is a horrible deal for that price i can get some BANGING make your windows flex stuff..man i wish i had your money... :) lol

3. tommy2tone

tommy2tone Full Member

That's for the entire system.$134 for the sub and enclosure isn't a whole lot of money.

I think you'll be happy with those budget comps.It looks good to me .

4. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

For the money, not bad. I personally would be happy with the system. i would go for it. MIGHT think about a 12 inch sub...even though I dont need rip your face off bass, a 12 incher in the right box will give you that extra you may want at times. just a thought. either way, you will enjoy your proposed system!

5. hairbandlover

Thanks everyone for the input, I had considered a 12" sub but was told the 10" is a bit more punchy and distinct than a 12" The cost difference is really not much maybe an additional $45.00 I have never heard the RE Coaxials, but since its just fill I am hoping for the best. I will admit I am torn between the Alpine amp and the new JL XD700/5 digital 5 channel. Two things kept me away one its about $100.00 more and I am running 2 Alpines in my Rav now for 6 yrs and they have performed absolutley awesome no trouble whatsoever. I hate pating $500 for an install but I am new to PA and dont know anyone who would help me do it on the side. I could probably do alot of it but really dont know how to set up the comps tweet location, crossover etc. So I guess I will have to suck it up and shell out the cash :( Thanks again for all the input!!

6. TheViking

8, 10, 10, 18 incher...they can all be "punchy" in the right box. I like accurate and musical bass and run a single 12 incher sealed. Paying good money for a good install is not a bad thing if its done right. The install can make a difference in sytem integrity and longevity. not to mention not letting your new car burn to the ground.....ya, that has happened. Shop around for a good installer and get comfortable with them. Dont use a best buy type chop...results are usually less than satisfactory.

7. hairbandlover

So how do I choose the right box? I was going to just by a standard sealed box off Ebay for like 48 bucks. The last box I bought for my 12 in the rav I had a guy in Ohio build me but have lost touch with him. I do have two local shops here that come highly reccomended. Ha Best Buy I wont even talk to them regarding car audiophile. You are absolutley right about the install it isnt a bad thing to have it done right but even at age 43 I still need my chicks blessing on spending the cash. I can already here her " you spent $4800 on the car and you want to spend HOW MUCH on the stereo!!?? It would be nice to find an installer on the side to teach me a few things regarding staging and tuning a system.

8. caraudioking

caraudioking Full Member

well if u lived in oregon id do it free! but that doesnt realy help your situation

9. TheViking

some drivers prefer a sealed, some a vented, others dont care. I listen to alot of of the same music you do, Rush....neil pert....god like...

You might try a sealed box, generally good results and a bit forgiving in some ways. Vented box would gain you more output, and with the type of tunes you dig, wont have to worry about going below the tuning frequency...and would kick good. I played alot drums to the music you listen to and either box design will give good results. Need to run the numbers of the sub you want sometime and see what the thing likes...