My new wire terminals!!

Discussion in 'Automotive Electrical' started by danracer, Feb 2, 2008.

1. danracer

danracer Full Member

well today i bought 4 wire terminals from home depot..they coste bout 4 bucks the pair...they are pure copper also... here are the pics..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Not the prettiest lookin things but i bet they have great fuctionality, especially for 4 bucks i might have to go check me out a pair! and they are alot easier to just tighten up rather than solder or crimp them, i bet.

3. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Nice...I use copper lugs and solder them.

Still I've looked into using those before. How do you like them???

4. danracer

danracer Full Member

well i really like them..like jonny said they are not the prettiest but they work nice...they hold the wire in place really good no matter how much you pull it does not come out..i tried to pull it out of a 4 gauge cable and couldnt move it centimeters so it works great....i used to use the piece of crap gold plated terminals but they cost bout 3.21 each and i can probably solder this terminals to make a better connection

5. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

cool, Take some pics when they are installed. I don't like my lead terminals, they are sucky, looking for something better.

6. danracer

danracer Full Member

7. electrolytic

electrolytic Full Member

Cool, looks good, so no solder i guess. Which amp are you running?

8. G3n3R@1

G3n3R@1 Full Member

I've used those in a couple builds. I like em. They're cheap and make a great connection

9. danracer

danracer Full Member

nope no solder i tightened it reaaly hard so it wont move and makes a tight connection... i am running a SAZ-1500d

10. DMP

DMP Full Member

Interesting....but it works.

11. psycho_maniac

psycho_maniac Full Member

Yeah I decided to get screw on terminals as i keep switching vehicles and im pretty sure this will be my last system. So I got some of these from knukonceptz
    [​IMG]
    hopefully ill have them by the end of the week. next is a power wire and i got my system in my new vehicle. all my wires are from knukonceptz :)