My new toy

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Sep 21, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

After struggleing with what scope I was going to buy (I needed one that didn't cost as much as my main unit at work) I decided on a Mac Tools ET2011. It is loaded with features, presets, referance waveforms, and even a preset for gainsetting!!! All for $849, about $900 after tax. Far cheaper than my 2020 at about $4000. I feel more comfortable carrying the less expensive unit around. I will use it at home for automotive diagnosis and stereo installs. Here it is, along with my Fluke 87, my battery charger, tons of spare batteries, and a spare lead set. I carry this box with me frequently, so I like to keep the important stuff in there...
    [​IMG]

2. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Wow, nice. Makes me want to get a scope.

3. thumperfbc

thumperfbc Full Member

yea, nice little setup... I've got a friggn monster of a scope here at work... but its a PAIN to move around.... Its a nice unit though... I fully plan on using it when I dial in the system as well as our RTA.

I love working here... So many toys I have complete access to...

4. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

Owww nice. Not sure how ya use it in car audio, but I am sure it is useful :D Nice Fluke meeter too. I can get them for around 20% off from Snapon through a school program. Looks like you really go for the good stuff Seth. Well, I should of know that since you have a Premier HU and the Brahma B)

Mark

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

What are you going to school for Mark? When I was in school I bought alot of tools through the program as well. But, I went to school well before the Fluke 87 was released.

You use a scope to precisely set amplifier gains. When I first put the Brahma in, I set it by ear. I was clipping the shit out of it, and couldn't hear it. I also played with it some and squeezed some more output out of a friends install as well. It is really a bonus to see the actual signal, rather than guessing...

6. ryno4

ryno4 Full Member

That'd be cool if you could measure SPL or db's with that.. I had to get a (Multimeter) myself for classes for college.

7. 98LowRanger

98LowRanger Full Member

Yea that makes sense about the meter. Maybe we can use it to help my system when I finally start into it :) I am going to GTCC for my associates in Automotive Technology. I am thinking more about just going for the certificate in Auto Tech cause I bet that even with the degree I would be starting out changing oil at a dealer. Since you work in the Automotive field do you think the degree makes much difference as far as rate of pay or moving up in the field? Anyway I need to buy some tools, but damn they are expensive. Even with the discounts we get.

Think I could drop by Friday to get my headlights aligned? it will be after classes so around 1:30 at the earliest. Talk to ya later Seth!

Mark

Last edited by 98LowRanger at Sep 23 2002, 01:26 PM

8. ryno4

ryno4 Full Member

I get my tools like that too from SnapOn.. What a Coiencidence(sp?)

weird... :wacko: