My Idea Now Used At Tc Sounds

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Steven Kephart, Nov 23, 2003.

1. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Check this out.

Their description sounds a lot like my idea I had a long time ago. I think I posted it in the thread on Teamamp where several of us were trying to figure out XBL2.

Now it wasn't a complex idea, so I'm not surprised that others thought of it. In fact when I asked Dan about it a long time ago, he mentioned they played with the idea and passes on it since XBL2 gave them much more control, and had other benifits. But still, it's nice to see it working. :gunsmilie:

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I remember that thread (long ago). I mentioned my feeling was the topplate or polepiece being cut in a half moon shape... Funny, I was not that far off ;).

While I agree the idea you suggested is great, I somewhat question the validity of the BL graph suggested by the model ;) .

3. Steven Kephart

Yeah, several people were VERY close to being right. In fact, Justin and Guitarre Meastro were almost 100% correct. Here's the link to my continuation of the discussion on AV/VA.

4. stacy532

stacy532 Full Member

5. Steven Kephart

I just found the old e-mail I sent to Dan asking about this approach. Here's what I said:

6. trifle

trifle Full Member

Wasn't this thread longer before??? Or am I just imagining stuff?

7. Steven Kephart

I think you are right. How odd.

8. trifle

trifle Full Member

yeah it was nearing the 1.5-2 page mark...there were interesting replies that i wanted to read

did you have to do a board restore mike?