My First Ported Enclosure

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by flawlesskid, Dec 7, 2003.

1. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

My god, this thing is ungodly huge and weighs a ton. It'll be installed tomorrow probably. Thats 2 audiobahn AW1205q subs and they will be powered by a PG Tantrum 1200.1. They'll see roughly 725 watts apiece. Should be sick. I'll post tomorrow the results of this project.

[​IMG]

2. trifle

trifle Full Member

looks good man...solid cuts it looks like...planning to finish it with anything??

3. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

My cuts were very precise, but my roommate moved the wood to a spot that allowed the pieces to get rained on. So 2 pieces are warped, but i made it work.

Forget to post the specs of this box

5.2 cubes tuned to ~34hz. The port is 47% of total SD if that interest anyone.

4. nismo

nismo Full Member

wait till you hear them...theyll be ungodly in that respect too. once youve heard a ported box, you be like "whats a sealed box?" :ss:

eric

5. delvryboy

delvryboy Full Member

first timer.....nahh....i smell a pro ;)

6. trifle

trifle Full Member

it's not for him actually....he meant his first ported box that he built...

:baby:

7. flawlesskid

flawlesskid Full Member

Its insanely loud people. It doesn't sound terrible either. Im impressed with the results. We had to take the floor out of the trunk and slide the enclosure in threw the back seat. the floor went back in under it. It wont be coming out without a lot of time to work and a few peoples help.

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Cort's heard my B12 ported ;).

Those ABs get really damn loud though too.