Music

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fb4076, Feb 26, 2004.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Is there any certain genre of music that is much harder for a sub to play than other genres? If I was testing the true capabilities of one before I buy it, then what would be the best genre of music to use (assuming that choosing a song is not an option, only a type o music)?

2. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I suppose flute music may be hard for a sub to reproduce. :p

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Depends really. Tonal reproduction of classical orchestral music is tough, and for speed and transient responce, certain newer metal bands with fast kickdrums can trip up a driver.

4. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

any bands in particualr?

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Dream Theater
    Tool
    ("Hooker With a Penis" has the most incredible double bass and complex bass mix in mid song, I use it to trip up everything :p )
    Pantera (Far Beyond Driven, and beyond. Their first 2 albums weren't so deep)

6. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

We use Dream Theater a lot in testing our prototypes.
    I also like the brute-force technique of testing... throwing simple bass CD's at it...
    And I don't mean the piddly sort of things that have your midbass speakers thumping... I mean the true, bottom-octave, seat-frame-shaking earthquake type of stuff... B)

7. Krelkor

Krelkor Full Member

muahahaha
    i got seth hooked on dream theater

opeth is also good for tryign to trip up midbass/subs

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I wouldn't say hooked... It is good and it is awesome for showing off midbass/subass, no doubt. But if you were to climb in the Nat right now, you would find Pantera, Far Beyond Driven B).

It is great for new music, but notthing gets me going like old school Slayer, Pantera, Motorhead, real Metallica (pre-newfag... uh, Newstead), Metal Church, Exodus, Flotsam and Jetsam, Venom, Iron Maiden Etc... Oh, and Tool is God.

9. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Ahhh, finally somebody likes real music. Seth you are my new hero. lol

10. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Excellent, a new old school metalhead!!!

Don't let Geo fool you either, he is an old schooler as well.