Mfg. specific forums

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Sep 2, 2002.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I know Mfg specific forums drew me to a couple forums looking for advice on certain products. Why not do something like this here? It may bring readership up and may help those of us who are looking for info on our specific equipment. Let guys who own the equipment head up the forums. I for one would like to see Adire, Cadence, JL, HSL, and elemental forums run here.

Guys, feel free to suggest others or second those mentioned.

2. Manufactor Spec sections are only as good as the reps from the companies that will come here. Some of the aforementioned sections on different forums are mmm dead.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yea

that is a good Idea if one of two things happen

1> more memebers (over 1000 with a avg of 50 online per day)

2> Get some reps to come (need more members for that)

Reps dont want to mess with a forum with only 270 memeber

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well, let's see...

Polecat has been here,
    Regal is here (Ben too)
    Dan wiggins drops by rather frequently

Those are just off the top of my head. Besides, who needs the reps? Those of us who play with the equipment can provide all the info needed untill the reps show up. Besides, forums that are Mfg specific may help draw more reps if word gets out...

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

yea

Polecat has not been by in a long time....

that i remeber

Dan who? :D

I want Ben to move his "company" forums from SD to here

but still IMO there are too many forums now for the amount of traffic we have...

you dont want a main page with a list of 10000 forums on it and them having but 1-2 posts in each

Last edited by Michael at Sep 2 2002, 08:37 AM

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

OK, shrink up the main forum menu, try subheadings. Try putting "technical" and "Installation" in subheadings in the "General"section.

Shrink up the "for sale" section. Do sibs for the "other" and "feedback" sections.

Performance in 1 folder, with subs of rice and domestic.

Like lee did for a while with "performance" in the offtopic section, remember?

Ben will not leave SIN to come here. He and Josh have a personal relationship as well. But, I'm sure he would join us here to help in a designated "ed" forum.

7. I think an eD forum would do very well here.

8. spyder3634

spyder3634 Full Member

its a good idea, but what i cant figure out is why there arent more members here???? we've posted on, i think, every forum related to car audio in any way about CAT and still only like 270 members????? :unsure: