Man Shot After Confronting Suspected Carjacker

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Dec 9, 2002.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Man Shot After Confronting Suspected Carjacker

December 9, 2002 -- As reported by San Antonio's KSAT on Nov. 22, a car audio employee was shot Thursday night after he confronted a suspected carjacker outside the electronics business.
    Police said the suspect shot the victim several times at Customs Sounds at the 7000 block of San Pedro Avenue. Several of the victim's co-workers witnessed the shooting.

The victim was transported to University Hospital where he is listed in guarded condition.

The gunman fled on foot. Police took a man into custody for questioning.

-KSAT

what is this world comming tooo

2. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Was it over bazooka subs? :lol:

On a more serious note, we have to take into account that the world is full of mentally unstable people. After witnessing Winona Ryder stealing from 5th Avenue, I have concluded that anything is possible in the world we live in today. It still boggles me why a millionare would steal clothes if buying them legitmately by no means would jeopardize her financial situation.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I moved all the Off Topic Posts to a new thread in OT, Lets stay on topic this time

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I suck :(

Do you have any updates?

5. superman

superman Guest

That is something that I sometimes worry about after putting in a system at CC, after we finish a car we have to get it out of the garage and park it outside, so if anyone was watching they could come and try to jack the stuff after I go inside to work on another car. There have been a couple of times that I have come out and surprised people peeping into the cars I just finished. It sure would suck to get shot over some Bazooka system or Sony deck.... actually that would suck to get shot at all :blink:

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

common policy at every place I have every worked, and I am sure it is the policy of CC is to NEVER confront people like that, call the cops, that is what your tax dollars pay for, they get shot not you :D

and CC "should" have camara monitoring that area, if they dont now, what until somehting gets stolen and they will

7. superman

superman Guest

I would never chase anyone, but the last time I surprised someone peeping into a car I was running back out to the car because I forgot a tool in it, believe me both of us were very surprised, I hit the brakes and the guy gave me a surprised look :eek: and then took off running. Yes you are right, we are told at CC to not chase anyone. I would never "confront" anyone stealing a system, the only thing I would ever do is yell at them from a safe distance away just to scare them off.