Making Car A Mobile Theater.. Need Help.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Country, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Country

Country New Member

Ok guys, So I've got a new Camaro and I'm going to be puting a rather big monitor in the trunk lid with a blu-ray hooked to it... I'm going for shock and awe :eek:

I take this car to meets/car shows,ect and want to be different !

I'm curious to what you guys suggest I get for this? I've only dealt with pure bass setups, this is pretty much the opposite... I want it to be more like a "Home entertainment" set-up rather than all bass...

Wanting this to work out, Vocals / non-bass be loud but clear and an acceptable amount of bass.

Im not saying price is no option but I have a rather large amount set back for this.

What you guys think? Suggestions? Much Appreciated!
    Please Be specific (brands wattage/size / links?) :)

2. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

thats the norm around here in FL.. but in a trunk set up id do 2.1.. no need for a center ch in such a narrow space, and no place to mount rear surrounds..

maybe a sealed sub too. or none at all, not sure how it would sound in the open.

im not going to suggest brands... as that should be for your ears to decide. everyone perceives sound differently.

but i would suggest just use a 4 ch for the back running in 3ch mode for the front and sub.

3. Ranger SVO

Ranger SVO Full Member

And I wanna add one more thing. If you want loud outside, the number of speakers is really important. Four 6-1/2-inch speakers will be a lot louder than two. Six will be louder than four, and it goes on.

Personally, if it were me I would try atleast eight. Four one one side four on the other. Why four, because I can wire it series-parallel to a 4-ohm load.

My 10-cents worth

4. Country

Country New Member

Thanks for all the suggestions, I appreciate it!