Magic Tempest Box??????

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by mvsd, Feb 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mvsd

mvsd New Member

What is this magic tempest box??????

2. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

The Tempest is a subwoofer, by Adire Audio (a 15" compliment to Adire's 12" Shiva.. same 'series', essentially ;) ), not an enclosure...
    ...at least not as far as I know! :D

3. mvsd

mvsd New Member

Thanks for the info.......

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

is there an ideal box for the Tempest though?

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Not as far as I know...
    I believe it's a pretty "middle of the road" sub... works well in either ported or sealed enclosures.

It's gotten great reviews, both officially, and by forum members whose opinion I do really trust.

It's really a fantastic value.
    It sure isn't an impressive looking sub (it's certainly not wimpy looking though, just plain... which I think looks classy), but it's a real performer.

6. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

It's definitely one of those "Don't judge a book by it's cover" items. It's like the Lord of the Rings books with a dust cover that says "Richard Simons dating tips".

Ok, that's a little too obscure. So how about a Geo Metro body on a McClairen engine/chassis.

No wait, I will prove my point with a smilie....................... :robot:

7. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I've often heard the term "magic tempest box" as the ported enclosure that is 4 cubic feet, and tuned to 32...

:detective:

8. fugyaself

fugyaself Full Member

I remember reading on Adire's forum about a magic box for the tempest woofer.

If I remember correctly it was 4 cubes tuned to 24hz or so.

9. black00

black00 Full Member

thats right fug... (damn geo....off in outter space aint ya?)

Magic Tempest Box = Four cubic feet , 4 inch PVC port 12.5 inches long, braced like a tank.... tunes to roughly 23hz...flared port recommended.

10. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Er, no...

You are describing an enclosure FOR a Tempest...
    The Tempest being a subwoofer, not an enclosure...
    ...as I stated. ;)

And, people get tickled by their own enclosure building on various threads daily...
    It's no discredit to those who are happy with their results, but you can't really regard anything as "magic" - particularly in car audio, with so many car-specific variables - but sure, it's nice to smile and nod along with those who have found successes in their vehicles.

I've also seen some threads where people have recycled age-old designs, trying to claim them as their own, giving it a cute name... Thank god this isn't one of those! :p This is a nice, simple ported box.
    But I've definitely learned to tune those out as well. ;)

As far as being "out in space"...
    Let's paint a little analogy:

It's a bit like hanging out in a barn in Iowa somewhere with the only three peers that live close enough to you to, building a cool clubhouse for the four of you to hang out in, disco lights, fridge, killer audio, garage bay with a lift... really a true wonder.
    But then, would you go on a trip to NYC, and saying to strangers "You mean you haven't heard of our clubhouse? Where have you been, outer space?" :rolleyes:

Granted, that's a bit of an exaggeration, but the dynamic is there... :lol:

11. black00

black00 Full Member

Er, no...

You are describing an enclosure FOR a Tempest...
    The Tempest being a subwoofer, not an enclosure...
    ...as I stated. ;)

And, people get tickled by their own enclosure building on various threads daily...
    It's no discredit to those who are happy with their results, but you can't really regard anything as "magic" - particularly in car audio, with so many car-specific variables - but sure, :lol: [/b][/quote]

er...yes you bithering space cadet...

look at the name of the thread and the mans first post on the thread...

"Magic Tempest Box?????"

Then your reply...

"The Tempest is a subwoofer, by Adire Audio (a 15" compliment to Adire's 12" Shiva.. same 'series', essentially ), not an enclosure..."

He's asking....about the ENCLOSURE...that has the reference of MAGIC TEMPEST BOX........

You said "You are describing an enclosure FOR a Tempest..."

CAUSE THATS WHAT HE WANTED!!!!

I like how you think you can mangle words and use the " lol " smile and try to come off like you are right.... but... in the end....

:bye: i win...and i'm going to have to agree with nick and loyd now....

12. NDMstang65

NDMstang65 Full Member

Marshall - Certain individuals like to hear themselves talk...

[​IMG]

As Dave Chappelle once said...I'm back B!tch! :ss: :ban:

13. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Pot? Kettle? Black? :rolleyes:

14. NDMstang65

NDMstang65 Full Member

Pot? Kettle? Black? :rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
    dont look at me :) i dont type 15 pages of random bs to make myself look intelligent...keyword being look :oops: :boxing:

15. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

dont look at me :) i dont type 15 pages of random bs to make myself look intelligent...keyword being look :oops: :boxing: [/b][/quote]
    In Geolemon's case, I think integrity has a huge part to play in this. I personally think he has a lot of integrity and has proven to be a VERY intelligent individual. You can definitely have your opinion about him, but I know what most other people think about him as well. I'm very sure your opinion is in the minority.

To disagree with him on one or two little things is one thing. But to personally attack him for something so petty doesn't show well for your integrity. This isn't a personal attack against you, just an observation. :detective:

16. NDMstang65

NDMstang65 Full Member

In Geolemon's case, I think integrity has a huge part to play in this. I personally think he has a lot of integrity and has proven to be a VERY intelligent individual. You can definitely have your opinion about him, but I know what most other people think about him as well. I'm very sure your opinion is in the minority.

To disagree with him on one or two little things is one thing. But to personally attack him for something so petty doesn't show well for your integrity. This isn't a personal attack against you, just an observation. :detective: [/b][/quote]
    So you seem to think 'Integrity' is more important then being right or making sense? :rolleyes:

excellent observation sir :jawdrop:

17. black00

black00 Full Member

So you seem to think 'Integrity' is more important then being right or making sense? :rolleyes:

excellent observation sir :jawdrop: [/b][/quote]
    hmm...couldn't have said it better myself...or in less words ....

18. BerettaSQL

BerettaSQL New Member

:ph34r: Nick, you know nothing about car audio.....leave :spam: :ban:

19. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I'm locking this. I am tired of the pissing match. Either keep it cool, clean, and respectful, or you will be locked. :blow:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.