Looking To Get A Brahma

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by PAPAKO, May 1, 2004.

1. PAPAKO

PAPAKO Full Member

read a lot of good things about the brahma but never heard the sub in person before(seen the video clips on Adire's website). I live in Hawaii and I dont know anyone who has one. I got a Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham 86 with a huge trunk, not looking to fill the whole trunk(maybe half) with car audio equipment but want to fill the whole car with some loud high quality sound (spl/sq setup).

any suggestions???

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well, as big as the car is, I might suggest a ported B15. 3.5 feet tuned to 27Hz will be downright nasty.

3. PAPAKO

PAPAKO Full Member

how much does that sub go for?
    how much wattage should go to the sub?

4. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

$429 for the 15" Brahma. Get it here:

From Sandt38 himself

The Brahma 15/Koda package actually looks pretty tasty ($745) if your front stage hasn't been completed (or even started...). Remember, you might not even hear your front stage, with that sub properly powered, if it's still stock. A 1000ish watts, rms, should be more than enough to get the Brahma to growl...and bite :)

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Thanks Luvy... but I don't ship outside the lower 48 ;)

As far as power, about 1000 watts. It will be comfortable with anywhere from 800 to 1400 in that enclosure.

6. PAPAKO

PAPAKO Full Member

thanks for the info brah

7. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 Full Member

Yes indeedy, thats what I plan on running in my friends Camaro. 2 Brahmas in a 7 cu ft box ported to 28Hz powered by an Avionixx AXT 1800/2 amp; should do 140-150 or so, B) B)

8. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

In a Camaro? If you don't hit high 140s to low 150s I'll personally hunt you down. I hit a 147 with my 12 ported to an SQ tune.

9. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 Full Member

Well its either a Camaro or a Chevy C1500 extended cab. My friend still hasn't decided on which to get, :D :lol:

10. gixxerific

gixxerific Full Member

How ironic, I have both vehicles and considering on what size Brahma to get.

I don't drive my 94 Camaro much any more, it has problems. But am wondering how I'm going to fit a Brahma into my 98 Silverado with rear seat still in.

Oh yeah and 2 Brahma's in a Camaro that would be incredibly loud. Easy on the back glass, I had a glass repairmen tell me that was around a $1,500 piece of glass. Oh one more thing if he get's a Camaro tell him to get lots of sound deadening, that mother vibrates in about 2000 places and bad.

11. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 Full Member

Well he's decided on the C1500. It's going to have on hell of a install. Almost on par with RF's Xterra and Frontier IMO, :boxing:

12. gixxerific

gixxerific Full Member

If you don't mind let me know how the install goes. I'm going to get a brahma maybe a 12 for my 98 SIlverado Ext cab and I can tell you right now it won't fit but well see how that goes.
    Can you say on the back seat for now. :unsure:

13. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I still don't understand your racism against people who's states have too many vowls. :rolleyes:

:p
    Steven Kephart
    Adire Audio

14. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 Full Member

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

15. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well he's decided on the C1500. It's going to have on hell of a install. Almost on par with RF's Xterra and Frontier IMO, :boxing: [/b][/quote]
    Well, we are certainly going to have to see pictures of that, if that's actually going to come true! :blink:

That would be one heck of an accomplishment...
    Those are actual corporations bottomless pocketbooks funding those installs, corporations who believe those demo vehicles are part and parcel with their success... they employ literally teams of people, and unbelievably stocked facilities to accomplish those installs (and even still, they outsource much of the bodywork and paint, and performance, etc).

For any individual to accomplish what those teams of well-funded, highly-accomplished, and well-facilitated installers accomplished would be a feat of olympic proportions! :ss:

16. Penguin4x4

Penguin4x4 Full Member

Thanks for the vote of confidence, :p (now my friend is considering running JBL W15GTi's instead. I have no prior knowledge of anything JBL other than their amps, so some feedback would be good. I started a thread at Acoustic Visions BTW.) The install may not be as radical as I originally planned, as my friend doesn't want to mess with custom door panels, :( But it should be freakin awesome nonethess, :) RF's Xterra was damn good, but c'mion, how hard is it to use and mold fiberglass? :blink: :lmfao: :detective:

17. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

Well, like I said... if he does, we want pics.
    And he'll get into a magazine, if he enters so much as a single large event. ;)

The GTi subs are really nice... I've got a 12" GTi here.
    They are a bit on the pricey side... like the W7... certainly not so hot on the value side, but nice on the performance side.
    Performance superior to the less expensive Brahma?
    I don't think so... JBL's DDD technology is a very expensive way to essentially pull off something very similar in end product to XBL^2... although the dual opposing-wound voice coils do reduce inductance even below the XBL^2 subs..
    But does it really matter, as the Brahma has a very low inductance, since it's got a relatively short coil (inherently)? ;)

The GTi is a very nifty sub that sounds amazing, yes.
    But you pay a lot, because it's got just an unbelievable number of custom parts that are required to assemble the thing.