Looking for Sound deadning material

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Aug 6, 2003.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I want to seal up my trunk, Im guessing I need about 25 feet.

If anyone has anything that they are willing to give, sell, donate feel free to holla back :D

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Try www.b-quiet.com .
    I use the extreem and love it!!!

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Do you think I need to buy the roller or can I just slap this stuff on?

Should I warm it up with a hairdryer first before applying it?
    Where else do you suggest I put it on? It seems like everything in my car shakes but for some reason I cannot pinpoint one damn thing!

Sandt, how many layers did you apply to your trunk?

I also have a terrible problem with road and engine noise inside my cabin, any solutions?

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I suggest putting it everywhere. I have a couple hundred feet in my car. Depending on the location, I have 2-4 layers throughout the vehicle, and expanding foam in all locations where it would benefit (trunk webs, A-pilars, etc)... About 2 cans worth. As far as road noise, the biggest differance was noticed in deadening the floorpans...

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

I got 3 layers on the actual floorpans, 2 on the tranny tunnel, and where the floor rises on the sides and rear, and expanding foam in all the webbing support on the floor. Here is the page showing the floor work. Lots of work, but a very noticeable differance overall...

I like to use a hair-drier to apply it. Use a rag to depress the stuff into recesses and the butt end of a screw-driver to depress it throughout wide areas.

5. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I dont plan on doing the whole car but I would like to do the trunk, rear deck, and under the back seats.

How many layers do u have in the trunk?

How do you take the damn backseat out? I want to take out the the back and ass rests

Do you warm it up before u apply it or do u apply it and then go over it with the dryer?

:crutch:

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I warm it as I apply it, in small sections. Remove the backing before you heat it as removal after heating may get difficult ;) . I have 3 layers on the lid, up to the hieght of the webbing, and expanding foam in the webbing. 2 layers on the floor, and 2 on the sides.

To remove the back seats, simply pull up on the front of the lower portion of your seat. There are clips that retain the front of the seat in the center of the drivers and passengers side of the rear seat. From there, you should see bolts holding the rear seat backs down (typically where the seat belts bolt in). remove these bolts then lift the seatbacks off their mounts (upward, there are usually hooks holding them in place). On many American cars, you push the seat back about 1 inch, then raise them. On American Cars, the bolt holding the seatbelts in will be a Torx bit (either T40 or T47).

I know you are a ricer, but I wanted to leave instructions for others if they need them ;)

7. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Hey, I aint no ricer old man!

The only thing my car has is an aftermarket exhaust that I put on for sex appeal!
    :lmfao:

8. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

So your one of THOSE people :puke:

9. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

its silenced, but thats offtopic anyways

:spam: :ban: :2guns: :lol: :D

10. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

How is extreem comparted to second skin?

11. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

extreme what? Dynamat extreme? If so I would say that the dynamat would be better, but it costs a hell of alot more. I myself like the second skin........ Brown bread is also good.

12. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

I was talking about the bquiet extreme stuff