Looking For A New Brand

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by ScottS, Jan 30, 2004.

1. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Hi I am looking for a new brand to put in our store. What could you Recommend the only requirements is they have to have a big sub and a decent looking middle/lower line.

Please all input is wanted

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

what do you already sell?

3. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Please don't yell, but I would suggest Audiobahn. They are gaudy, but they perform for the price. And from what I understand, they sell.

Others to consider:
    MA Audio
    Planet Audio
    Infinity

4. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Right now we sell
    Focal
    Audison
    Pioneer
    JVC
    Denon Soon
    Clarion
    PG (getting replaced)
    Planet audio
    Stinger
    Scosche

We need a big brand to get loud we have the SQ covered

No audioBahn. NO. just to ugly yes it does sell but our shop is known for more highend than bling bling.

5. robw

robw Full Member

id look into memphis or xtant. both brands sell pretty good around here. possibly mtx as well they make solid amps and the 9500 is about the best soundin hardest hiting sub iv heard.

6. Steven Kephart

Memphis, that's the other one I forgot.

I know what you mean about Audiobahn. Our rep wanted us to pick them up, but I just couldn't. We have a reputation to look at after all. :rolleyes:

What about DD?

7. robw

robw Full Member

yea Memphis definatly covers loud. ;)

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

Not to offend anyone

But many a business have lost there asses trying to maintain that "rep" even some manufacturers have gone out mainting "that rep"

Bottom line. your there to SELL, ;)

so you have to sell, what SELLS ;)

As far a Brands go, there are new brands every day

I get the 12 volt news every month, and there are always new brands in their. if your shop does not get that paper, I highly recommend it, it is free so why not?

if you dont want to sell Audiobahn, Try some of their other Lines, Alpha Sonic, Swiss etc

Also Look in to Fusion, they are really doing some nice things this year

Also Check out Sound Stream/Power Acoutik

PA has a Bad Rep, but ever since they Bought SS (or should I say the Parent company to be technical) they have really gotten better, I have seen a Few Mag Tests on their Class D amp an all test over rated power... and they are cheap

9. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I was actually going to sarcastically say "audiobahn"...
    ...but that was just jokingly, as you asked for "a big sub" (AWT32 :lol: )

But seriously...
    Is the "big woofer" part of this middle/lower end line also?
    What do you really mean by that?
    Big cone? Big magnet? Big schlong factor with a "2 for 1" pricetag?

10. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

Bassically I want a brahma. The only problem is the lower line looks too much like home audio and most customers dont like that

11. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

no he can not sell me :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

12. I8apony19

I8apony19 Full Member

RE still out of the question??

13. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

re doenst have 30 day terms or else they would be there.

14. Steven Kephart

You make good points. My comment was more of a joke. We have plenty of brands as it is to cover all the bases, so Audiobahn really wasn't needed.

15. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

I like the electronics side of Memphis. Mojo's are known to get loud, too. Is mmats still around? I don't here anything about them anymore.

The one brand I love that you don't cover, however, is JBL. Not the budget line (gto and the lego block BP amps), necessarily. The gti series components and subs are flat out awesome. The new amps are badass, too.

:)

16. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

I don't know much about them... but they had definitely the hottest model at CES (because she was dressed like a professional businesswoman.. who happened to have an incredibly short skirt :p)...
    So....
    Massive Audio? It's a complete line... they had amps and subs and components, that all looked nice at CES... like I said, I don't know much about them, but I'm sure they would be worth checking out. ;)

17. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

actually they are a pretty expensive place. Average product. Expensive price but no so expensive taste. We used to sell them

As for Xtant and MTX. YUCK never again will i order from such a Coperate company. MAn try to get something warrentied

18. robw

robw Full Member

i noticed nobody mentioned jl Audio. i dont know if the w7 is considered a big sub or not but jl's stuff sells pretty well.

19. ScottS

ScottS Full Member

you are correct JL does sell. there are already to many people in the community selling it. Not to mention $$$ for what you get

20. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

JL would be my first choice....

How about Eclipse? or maybe Diamond Audio... or Kicker? Kicker sells VERY well around here, from the L series to the comps.