Koda 6.1, final review

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Jan 21, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Well, I have had a good amount of time to actually listen to the set now and wanted to comment. I also want to add a few comments from others as well.

Powering the set is a Cadence Q3000 (100X2@4 ohms) crossed at 70Hz. The sub is a Brahma 12 (seeing 1700WRMS) crossed at 70, ported at 24Hz with a subsonic set at 25Hz.

The set, as I stated before, could stand a change or 2, but the issues I have with the set are easily overcome. Size (everything in the set is huge), off axis responce is not as broad as I had hoped, tweeter tterminals could be better placed, and the crossovers need to allow for attenuation. Minor tweeks was all it took to correct these minor issues.

I have spent alot of time listening to the set, using various source material from DMB, to Slayer, to Rush, some Limp Bizkit, Kid Rock, Bass Mekanic, The Beatles, The Doors, Pink Floyd, The Grateful Dead, and so on, trying to cover all the genres I could stand to listen to listening for a flaw. I have not found anything I could consider a real flaw.

I find the midbass to be shattering, totally agressive, quick, and acuurate. Really like mini subs. They are so deep and agile it is rather frightening. Just sonic purity. Midrange has me quite pleased as well. I have been so used to agressive midrange it took me some time to appreciate the smooth responce this set provides. Screaming Slayer guitar solos were really smoothed out, making them a pleasure to listen to. The amazingly smooth transition to the tweet thanks to one of the finest crossovers I have heard, doesn't miss a beat. The transition is flawless, and I mean flawless.

The tweets... Oh the tweets. Mids are quite secondary to me in a set. I feel the tweeters make or break the set. These tweeters are so accurate, so smooth, so agile, ,so... beautiful I cannot begin to explain how they make me feel. They display NO siblance, no muddieness, a beautiful decay... I just can't find the words to explain the tweeters. Far and away the FINEST tweeters I have heard.

Others who have heard the set are amazed. Words I've heard used to describe the set are "pure", "true", "wow", "holy shit you payed how much for these?", and "where do I get me a set". I went down to a local car audio and home theater shop and let him listen to the set. I have told him about Adire HT and he wanted to hear the "Adire car". He is anxious now to get his hands on some of Adires HT.

Guys, what can I say. I have spent years and countless dollars looking for my idea of sonic bliss. I am there. I have no need to spend another penny on my car audio. I must thank Dan Wiggins and everyone at Adire for making this possible. I am hoping to, very soon, be able to provide you all with Adire Authorized equipment.

Now, on to my HT... can you guess what equipment I will be using?

2. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Nice Review !

Thanks....

Now just have to find someone around here who will get a pair and let me listen and do come comparing.:D KrelKor needs to get his stuff in, in his vehicle down here! :)

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Where are you at Chris?

4. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

New Orleans :blink:

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

wait a few years. something better WILL come out, it is ineveitable........

6. trifle

trifle Full Member

wait a few years. something better WILL come out, it is ineveitable........[/b][/quote]
    exactly....

but....will the "need" to get the something else be there...that's the real question