Kicker

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by fb4076, Apr 8, 2004.

1. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Ok, I have two 12-inch Kicker Solobaric subs. I do not have an amp, nor a box yet. I know that these subs are not SQ subs, but I was wondering what I would be able to do to get the best SQ possible out of them!?

Oh yeah
    1000 WATTS x 1 INTO A 2 OHM LOAD WITH LESS THAN 2% THD + N
    What does the last part of that mean?

2. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Actually the round solo baric subs sound quite decent. I would say go for about 1-1.5 cube per sub, (if going sealed), and depending on power. I think you will be quite surprised how good they can sound.

3. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Well... they are the square ones, that is my problem....

4. DerrikW

DerrikW Full Member

Ooops, my bad. You just said solo baric and didn't mention L5 or L7, I thought you were refering to the round ones.

5. geolemon

geolemon Full Member

That's not to say the square ones will sound horrible...
    A lot of that is a function of your enclosure.
    If you want to make them sound good... you probably can. B)

But a LOT of people buy them for SPL competition, whether that's serious, or the weekend "Bass Off" at the local shop...
    Those enclosures aren't designed to sound nice, just fart.

These things might not be purpose-built SQ machines...
    But I think a lot of their bad reputation is a little undue. ;)

6. fb4076

fb4076 Full Member

Well, see that is what I figured too. I would really like a system that can be loud, and sound good. If I had to have one or the other I would rather have loud, which is why I chose the L7's. I figured with those I could probably get advice as to how to make them sound as good as possible (how many watts, enclosure, frequency suggestions, etc...). And sorry for not specifying L7's, my bad!