Kick Panels

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Honest Bob, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

I was wondering how long it takes for fiberglass to dry. I am thinking of making pods but I cant afford to give up my ride for more than a day. I dont need to have them in my car after the first layer right?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Depends on how much hardener you use. You can use alot and get it to dry in less than 1/2 hour!!! After that, you don't need to keep them in the car.

3. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Cool. I just hope I have more sucess with fiberglassing than I do with makeing speaker boxes...

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

HEHE. I make boxes all the time. I refuse to use fiberglass. I hate it...

5. The_spacemonkey

The_spacemonkey Full Member

Good fiberglass ill dry to solid enough to sand in less than n hour. If you use extra resin it will dry in under ten minuits(especially on humid days). Good luck, its messy, and sticky. Whatever you do, buy a box of 100 gloves and wear them at all time!! also make sure you put down plenty of newspaper or whatever to save the ground..... resin DOES NOT come off when dried.

6. Warchief

Warchief Full Member

remember its about 3-4 drops of MEK hardener for every ounce of resin any more than that and you have very little working time with it