Kenwood KDC-X994 XM problems

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jonssonfam, Feb 5, 2012.

1. jonssonfam

jonssonfam New Member

I have a Kenwood KDC X994 unit, with the Audiovox CNP2000UC XM-Direct kit (including Kenwood cable). After installation (and turning off Demo Mode), I sequenced to the Satellite source. The unit worked, showed me the Module ID for activating with XM, as well as played channel 1. I then sequenced through the other sources. When I went back to the XM source, the channel info was gone, and a continues low-tone "popping" was heard through the speakers. Likewise, the unit would not sequence to any other source - just stayed locked-up in the XM mode. i shut the unit down, powered back up, and it went to the radio. After 30 minutes of troubleshooting the XM and Radio installation, no luck. It has been that way ever since.

An additional problem that same day, was that the USB only displayed "Reading", but I did reset the unit, and that has worked ever since....no difference with the XM though.

Over the past week, I have reinstalled the XM Software into the CNP2000UC; disconnected the Kenwood from power; reset the Kenwood multiple times; disconnected the XM unit from the Kenwood while in the popping mode, the unit remained in the popping mode and did not recognize that the XM had been disconnected.

I also noticed that though I "reset" the unit, it still retains all pre-set radio stations, and the BT paired info...so I don't think the Kenwood is getting a full "hard" reset by that button up front.

Is there a way to wipe the entire memory of the Kenwood, and put it back into the "out-of-box" condition? Also, do you have any other ideas?