Just wanted to Say Good Job to all of you

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by The_Ancient, Jan 28, 2003.

1. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

The Site Traffic Here has never been Higher,

We used 3GB of bandwidth this month

Just about a Even Split between CAT and Shop4sound

I have Big Big Plans for both my Main sites,

Right now as most of you are aware my time is streched very thin at work, which is good because I needed the money to pay all the back bills I built up during my time with out a FT job and s4s not bringing in anything as far as income (at is peak was $500/mo in profit), but I am now on the Down Hill battle with the Mt. Debt :rolleyes: and things are looking good again

Starting March 1st I revise my Work Scheduale to a Thursday - Monday 9am to 5pm shift,with Tuesday and Wensdays off

This is a Indefinate Schudual, as the First of the Year my Company Signed a 2year (with a 3rd year option) to service lowes for a Minmum of 40hrs in peak, and 32-40hours in off Peak (my store will likly be 40 all year round)

Plus with the new contract I am guranteed $9 per hour. but I will like make closer to the 11-15/hr range as I work on Commison but they will supplment my pay if my commision drops below $9 per hour...

So most of the site Updates will begin the First week of March, and last till when ever (and thouse of you that have been around me awhile know that site building is a hobby of mine so i am always changing something :)

But I see this month we had 99 users on at the same time, this incourges me to get all the new pages and Scripts I have been putting off writting due to lake of intrest in the site finished. So look for a Nice Review system, Full Forum Upgrade, Site Intregetation, Member Pages, Picture gallery, and Much Much More comming real soon

Also Shop4sound will be finished, and I will "clean" up the desigh on shop for sound alittle, I think it looks to "busy"

Anyway, Just want to Congratuale all of you on Increasing the site Traffic with have a Long way to go before i can accomplish my Goal of Being biggger than CAF, Termpro, and SD, so any thoughts one what to add to "beat" them let me know

Also this gives you some insight in to what I have been doing

2. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

Congrats on the site....

I have been a member at CAF for a while as you most likely know...BUT honestly I think this site has gotten much better than CAF I mean dotn get me wrong CAF is a great site, BUT I thin the mods here do a much better job and I think thats a big part of it. Also the site is pretty much always up I have never had a problem with the site being down. And I think the way to attract more memebers is to post on other site (not so much that you have this site but like on CAF where you have it under your name) I mean thats how I found out about the site and I think I one of the first members to join bc you very helpful and I somewhat got to know you with the conversations that we has on AIM (i think...doubt you rember) So I think the best way to get the word out is to go around to the other sites and post like a regualr person like you used to....

LOL...I dunno what the point of thatwhole thing was :)

But anyways I notices the 99 members online at one thing too....that pretty good concidering how new this site is. And I think if you have the mods doing as good as a job as they are now and just give the site time and once you add all the new portions of the site up I think it will become bigger and better!

Just a question....once you order something from s4s do you automaticall become a member on here? like same uder SN or something? If not have you thought about that? maybe that would encourage some more people to come on and post since they all ready have an account.

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well accounts at shop4sound go by Email Address, and Accoutn here users slect a Screen Name

I could add a Line to the Account forum on Shop4sound for a Screen Name, but then people will try to use that for the Login on shop4sound, which would not work (alot of work to change that)

There is really no "easy" way to do that, as each sites uses very differant information

4. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

That's the beauty of it all. We really don't need to do much. This place is mostly self moderated, it's the great people and respect we all show each other that really stands out. An A-1 crowd I think...

Glad to hear it Mike... Let's keep this ball rolling.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

6. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

:D

We need one of those ":thumup:" guys :)

Also I think the member/pictures pages will be a nice edition. I finally broke down and made a sounddomain page but I cant say I really care for it. Its not really all that user customizable plus its slow and down a lot of the time.

7. luvdeftonz

luvdeftonz Full Member

For a person who works another job full time, WAS up to his eyes in debt, and probably had a tough time sleeping at night, this is a damn nice sight. Very well integrated. So far, the main advantage of this sight over CAF (which I love) and SD (which I hate) is the level of maturity. Tolerance for differing opinions is the norm around here. On SD it's a straight sin. Time is the only thing that's holding this sight from overtaking SD, CAF, Termpro, etc. They have a few years under their belt. The best advice I could give is to steal from SD, CAF, Termpro, etc. See what made them successful and just do it better. Have well defined sub-categories within this forum. A forum for HU, one for comp's/coax, one for amps, one for subs, etc. Making the site user friendly and organized makes for return viewers, it retains current members, and makes the sight an all around great research tool for car audio enthusiasts. As I see it now, you're already on the right track. You ask for members opinions, good or bad, and act accordingly. Just look at Dan Wiggins/Adire or Ben/ED, their companies are exploding in popularity because they are always doing whatever it takes to help customers/potential customers.

I wish I was half as ambitious as you. Good Luck with both sites.

8. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Thanks Mike, this is currenty the old car audio site I still visist. There is no need to visit anywhere else imho B)

9. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

:)

I have been busy with school lately so I cant post much :(

I know everyone is happy! You bastages!

10. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

The less amount of civics the better :p :lol: