Just installed amp, need help.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by m615dan, Jul 6, 2011.

1. m615dan

m615dan New Member

I am completely new to audio systems and to prove that, it took me 2 days to install a simple amplifier. I just wanted to know what my amp settings should be at for best results. I have no sub and the amp is currently running on whatever settings it came on. My head unit is Kenwood KDC-MP242 CD Receiver. My speakers are 4 Kicker 07DS600 6 1/2" 2-way Car Speakers. And lastly, my amp is the ALPINE MRP-F300 4 CHANNEL CAR AMPLIFIER 300W. So with that in mind, what settings should I be using? I turned off my bass boost b/c some of my songs like to be bass heavy at times and I am afraid of blowing the speakers.

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

your off to a good start. I suggest keeping the bass boost off. keep the x-overs off and let that amp play full range. Now for the gain settings....play a track that is recorded on the high end of the volume spectrum....turn the volume up to about 3/4 of the way....adjust the front and rear gains to the point of just where it starts to sound bad and distorted, then back them off just a touch...that will get you in the ball park.

3. m615dan

m615dan New Member

Thanks for your help. All this work and my dad surprised me saying he is getting me a new car and my brother gets my old car, haha. I'm taking the amp with me