Just how good is sound deadening? I might want it

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by djoye, Nov 17, 2002.

1. djoye

djoye Guest

When I drive down the interstate it sounds like I lose sound from my sub. When I'm sitting at a stop at the same volume level the sub is definitely louder, I'm assuming I need some sound deadening mat to keep the sound inside (err, or soemthing).

Can I do my doors and my trunk lid or what?

2. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

[​IMG]
    You can put it everywhere. It does work, and I do suggest using it. I use it.

3. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

yes it does work....it greatly reduce road noise

try stomguard you can get it at home depot or lowes.... 200 ft^2 for like 60 bucks i think.

4. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

If I patch up my trunk that should take car of any possible rattles correct?
    How much would my whole trunk cost with cheap but effective sound deadner?
    How much should I buy and is it something that you can do easily yourself or should be taken to someone who knows how to do it?

5. Honest Bob

Honest Bob Full Member

Sound deadening will only solve rattles that can be fixed by adding mass to them. If you can tear appart the inside of your car I would think you could do it yourself.

6. Snausages01

Snausages01 Full Member

<!--QuoteBegin--Hazard269
    @Nov 17 2002, 09:54 PM
    try stomguard you can get it at home depot or lowes.... 200 ft^2 for like 60 bucks i think. [/quote]

that would be more than enough...and yes it will fix some vibrations...like metal hitting metal...and otehr stuff just vibrating like that...if it is placed between the two surfaces that are vibrating then it will reduce it...but some sort of foam works in other placest where you need more SD