Johan Sirhan... I am calling you out!!!

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by sandt38, Aug 17, 2003.

1. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Johan has a 1965 Caddilac Deville. Really a beautiful ride. We have been speaking about doing a bit of a system up for him.

He is new at this, so let's offer up all the advice we can.

Welcome aboard Johan, and check out our cool smileys

:starwars:

2. systempimp_1500

systempimp_1500 Full Member

How about a link? B)

Welcome to the board poohead :bye:

Jeff

3. JohanSirhan

JohanSirhan Full Member

He is right. Anyone with a large barge of fully charged sound or anyone with experience installing in one feel free to throw your wisdom my way. I have a very large canvas just waiting for a masterpiece. Here she is....
    http://rankmyride.com/?page=cars/view&CID=780

4. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

:jawdrop:

Wow...wow. Can i have it?

5. trifle

trifle Full Member

freaking huge trunk!

6. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I know, think of the Brahmas I could fit in there :love: .

Johan, let's start out with a rough budget. Basicly you stated that you wanted to get loud, but primarily the goal is SQ. The reason I wanted you to come here was for the wider variety of suggestions you may recieve. If it were me, I would have 3 Tumults in there, sealed, about 1000 watts apiece. Maybe some ID horns up front to keep up... But I am just a sick individual <_< :baby:

7. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

That pretty much sums it up :D

It will depend on how much he wants to spend and what his preferences are. I do think some ID horns would be a nice touch though :), that is if he (or you seth?) is willing to spend some time in tuning them and installing them...

Sub(s), as we know, will come down to his personal preferences.

8. trifle

trifle Full Member

I know, think of the Brahmas I could fit in there :love: .

Johan, let's start out with a rough budget. Basicly you stated that you wanted to get loud, but primarily the goal is SQ. The reason I wanted you to come here was for the wider variety of suggestions you may recieve. If it were me, I would have 3 Tumults in there, sealed, about 1000 watts apiece. Maybe some ID horns up front to keep up... But I am just a sick individual <_< :baby: [/b][/quote]
    :jawdrop: sandt didn't recommend the KODAS?

:D

9. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

I'm not a fan of flames on vehicles. But the ones done on that car look awesome. Definitely one of the best I have ever seen. :gunsmilie:

10. Steven Kephart

Steven Kephart Full Member

Are you trying to keep everything mint, or are you willing to cut up things (as long as they look good in the final product) in the name of sonic bliss?

If you are looking to keep it cherry, then check out page 3 on my website (www button). It may give you an idea for an interesting head unit install.

11. JohanSirhan

JohanSirhan Full Member

I am not afraid to cut it up but I think there is a lot usable space that can be utilized. The glove box drops down slowly in the center of the two front seats and is about the size of a Mustang trunk. Actualy, I think it is 18 inches wide by 8 inches tall and at least a foot deep. I could fit a changer and a head unit in there.

I haven't set a budget because I am ignorant as to prices. I spent $1400 on audio in my Jeep with changer,head unit, amp, bazooka and 4 speakers. I know i won't get off that cheap in the Cadillac just for sheer space comparisons. That system works great for a little Jeep but it is like comparing your sound needs for a kitchen versus living room. What do you think the prices would be on the suggestions that have been made?

12. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Johan,

In knowing what you have in the Jeep, I'll bet you will be pleasantly surprised what we can figure out for you in about the same pricerange. All told, with the gear in the car, I have spent $700 in speakers, $300 onthe HU, and ~$500 in the amps... We are right at that figure you are refering to. I'll bet with some brainstorming we can keep it right near there for you...

Trifle,

Kodas are god, but to keep up with 3 Tumults, I would have to reccomend a horn loaded set, don't you think ;) .

In all seriousness though Johan, the prices on the HU should be lower, and we can easily work similar amplifier power into the budget for less money. For that big a vehicle, I might say a B15... with 1200 watts (maybe Lanzar power, unless you don't mind spending some duckets for the amp, then I will reccomend otherwise), sealed, and a front stage to keep up... Kodas ;) , Crystals, Focals... Lets see what the others might suggest.

13. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Go with a DIY set up front with dual 6.5's or somethin :).

14. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Hey, Idea...

How big is the rear deck in there man? Maybe a nice IDMax IB install will be good... eh?

15. JohanSirhan

JohanSirhan Full Member

The rear deack is 5 feet wide. 10 inches deep at the center and 8 inches deep at the sides. Keep the ideas coming. :yes:

16. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Given his depth, an IDMAX 10 should fit, but the mounting depth for it hasn't been posted on ID's site yet. You'd have to do a bit of cutting to fit more than 1 12" in that rear deck though since the mounting depth is 8.25" according to ID's website. If you decide to do that, get some input from mic on ECA...i think he's the one that has 3 mounted IB in his rear deck.

If he wanted to be different, Onyx is supposed to have some new subs out that are supposed to compete directly with everyone else out there. They're competitively priced as well. Just a thought, these subs haven't proven themselves to be contenders yet.

An IDMAX or 3 coupled with a set of horns would be pretty sweet :).

BTW, are you in Greensboro Johan?

17. JohanSirhan

JohanSirhan Full Member

I am in Kenosha, Wisconsin.

BTW- Do you guys have any pictures of installs with these suggestions or have a link to a product page?

18. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Oh well, i wanted to check out that car hehe.

Give me a sec and i might be able to find you a pic of those 3 IDMAX's installed IB.

19. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member