Jl-audio- Ebay- Warranty

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jstutman, Sep 10, 2004.

1. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

Now correct me if im wrong, BUT regardless of whom sells the amp authorized dealer or not, if the amp is sold on ebay the warranty is invalid correct? The reason i ask is because the amp i currently have a jl audio 1000/1 came from ebay and i was told that the warranty was invalid. Especially now that iremoved the cover and ripped off the warranty sticker :)

2. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

any JL product purchased ONLINE doesnt come with a warranty from JL
    -Cody

3. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well whren you buy JL you dont really get a warranty in the first place (30days unless it is intalled by the dealer :rolleyes: ) but yes your 30day warranty in voided -- :rolleyes:

4. PolkMM

PolkMM Full Member

i didnt know that...so if you buy a w7 and install it yourself you dont get the warranty?

5. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Yes, but only if you install it, then take it to a JL authorized installer who validates that proper installation procedures have been followed...

In other words, good luck :(

6. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

thanks.

trying to sell an amp i opened and the say its not worth anything cause i opened it. i told them the warranty was BS anyways.

7. objext

objext Full Member

Well, since it isn't worth anything, I'll pay shipping :lol: