Is this worth buying?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by steveo898, Aug 28, 2011.

1. steveo898

steveo898 Member

Hi all!

I am a newb to car audio, I have been trying to research sound systems for my new car (Nissan Pulsar 2001 N16 sedan).
    After my research, I have got a system put together for me by the staff at JB HI-FI.
    Can you please tell me if this is good and if it is worth the purchase?

Fronts - JL audio - c2600x..........$200
    Backs - JL audio - c2600............$250
    Sub - JL audio - cp112wo-4........$245
    Amp -JL audio xd7005................$595
    HeadUnit - JVC - kdr926bt..........$280

Total Price = $1470

Is that good? And is the subwoofer enough bass for the car? i want a decent amount of bass! Also is the 5 channel amp ok? or should i get a 4 channel + MonoBlock?

Thanks for any help & feedback!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  2. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

either way u would be fine.. im not a huge fan of jl audio because u can buy the same quality of equipment for alot less.. message me in the classifieds under one of my posts and i can help u out..

3. steveo898

steveo898 Member

With the subwoofer, should i maybe upgrade it to something like an Alpine Type R sub? or are they pretty much the same output?

I have got a bit of cash to play with, so if you think i should spend more money into the sub then i can do so (mainly want something that will make the rear view mirror shake, but not sound like i got king kong in the trunk! lol)

4. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

no i definetly wouldnt go with the alpine over the jl.. have u every thought about not buying mainstream? i sell like some other brands that are better then jl for less money.. for 1470 i can build u a system that will whip that jl system :)

5. Promodmerc

Promodmerc Full Member

I hope they supply a jar of Vasoline with that set up.:D Like shriver187 said there is better stuff out there for a lot less $$$

6. steveo898

steveo898 Member

Hey sorry guys! i should of mentioned I live in Australia!
    The prices of that equipment are a lot different in our country, So no wonder you were like WTF? with prices I listed lol
    But thanks for you're help!
    Do you guys think that the JL w0v2 Subwoofer(300 watts RMS) be enough bass? or should i go for Dual Subs?

7. steveo898

steveo898 Member

I am thinking either get 1 Sub that is minimum 500 watts RMS or 2 dual subs, just not sure?

8. shriver187

shriver187 Full Member

i wonder how much shipping would cost to australia :)