Is This Stable?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by Civic96, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

My amp was nailed to the backseat and it took quite a spill a few days ago. In the process, the tiny wire that needs to be in for the amp to turn on ripped out. The wire thats between the ground and power( I know Im terrible). Before it was kind of screwed in there but I just stuck it back in and it seems to be working. The only problem is that its only being held there by gravity. is there any risk to damaging anything if that wire jumps around in there? :bag:

2. joelsbass

joelsbass Full Member

it'd be best to find some way to secure it...

3. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Im just glad that everything still works. I was scurred to death that something happened with the amp because it wasnt turning on at all. That wire was so tiny that I had to look everything over a couple of times to even notice it wasnt in place. Now lets hear this baby thump!

4. forbidden

forbidden Full Member

This is the remote on wire and it carries +12v. If it makes contact with any part of the metal casing of the amp or seat, it will ground out and take out a circuit in the cd player (if the cd player does not have a fuse on this line and 99% of them do not).

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

99% of all equipment problems are install related...

So if you value your stuff INSTALL IT RIGHT

6. Civic96

Civic96 Full Member

Ill fix it asap!

7. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

now that is what I like

I say Jump and my Subjects say "how high" :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :p :bag: :bag: :bag: :bash: