Is there such a thing as an EQ with fader functions?

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by michaelkingdom, May 25, 2010.

1. In my Toyota Camry is the original nav unit which came bundled with the JBL amp and speaker set. I will be swapping out everything but the head unit.

I have been told by crutch field that the head unit only has two wires coming out of it. They told me that if I switch amps, I will lose fader controls and possibly the EQ controls.

I am not married to the controls on the hu but if I give them up, I'd like to regain them on whatever device I add to my system.

Question: what is out there that will work as fader/ EQ if my head unit only supplies the audio signal?

Thanks,

Michael

2. eviling

eviling Full Member

yeah, i don't think you can do much there as far as controling your fade with out replacing the deck, is it a stanard DIM size or is it a custom size stereo? this unit might do it for ya if you have the room

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_771_Pioneer+DEQ-7600.html

I believe it has fader in it, and it takes 2 channel rca in and produces a 6 channel output. so that you have all the outputs for your new amps.

or the 9200, http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_772_Pioneer+DEQ-9200.html

also, there are a veriety of units designed to be added to stock head units, JL audio line sweeper, rocker fosgate 3sixty, JBL MS-8, audison bit one. google these units, the bitone and the MS-8 are high end units, the 3sixty and the line sweeper are for mid bracket price ranger buyers, the MS-8 will do everything though. and is one of the most advanced units for stock decks, or for ANY system for that matter, automatic equalization, built in line drivers, all kinds of stuff. none of the other units have line drivers built in, which helps your amps work easier. google them all see if they'll do what you want.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  3. fstrfvo

fstrfvo Full Member

Audiocontrol makes the Four.1i, it has parabass EG, reg eq, front, rear fader and 13 volt linedriver, it is a dash mount unit but its very small so you can always mount it under the dash or in the glove box. You can call them at 1-425-775-8461 if you have any questions, they are located in Wash St. They really are the experts when it comes to OEM integration.