installing a laptop.

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by jstutman, Oct 30, 2002.

1. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

hey guys and gals. heres my new problem, i want to install a laptop to stream mp3's onto my HU. how exactly would i attemp this?

i would like to put the laptop in the trunk were i can access it whenever i needed to.

im totally lost so if someone could try to explain how i might do this, please do.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

I am confused

there are 2 option you have

a> use the comupter AS your head unit

b> pipe the sound from the pc to your existing headuint

which to you want

3. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

4. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well what kind of sound outputs does the computer have?

5. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

well i have the adaptor, its the headphone jack looking thingy with a mini rca plug. is this what i need?

6. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

what headunit do you have?

7. jstutman

jstutman Full Member

pioneer 7400mp, this is the one i have now. but i plan on purcasing a new alpine HU from you.

8. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

well the JVC KDSH55 I know has a Mini Jack on the face that would allow you to plug it nright in......

9. MMats4life

MMats4life Full Member

alpine makes a adapter that converts the ai-net to an rca aux input (pioneer also makes one) ...
    or you can use an fm modulator.

you can buy the mini plug to rca adapter at radio shack.

10. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

Flawlesskid and I know a guy who has a computer installed in his car right now. He'd probably be of some help...PM Flawlesskid or I and we'll try and direct you.

11. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

Actually I just told cort to sent Stephon over. I want to see it now that it's done. He's got GPS on it and everything. Pretty cool ;)