info needed

Discussion in 'DVD Navigation, Video and Mobile Media' started by waspnz, Oct 29, 2005.

1. waspnz

waspnz Full Member

I got a new dvd player in my front dash. Of course it has the safety feature where you can't view the audio while your driving. I was told that if you pull your e brake up one click you can still view the video. Is this ok for my e brake? I tried it once and drove a bit but it felt different and I'mnot sure I was just scaring myself. Does anyone know if it's ok to do this. Also, I need a web site that show's you how to get rid of the safety feature alltogether. I was told it's just a cable to the e brake but I need instructions on how to disable it if necessary. Thanks.

PS-I don't care to view the video while driving, I just want it available for passengers in my car.

2. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

It is illegal to do that, in all states

3. DSM/137dbs

DSM/137dbs Full Member

Well i really dont know if I should be doing this, But My buddy has an in dash moniter too, And it doesnt work unless you have the E-brake on. Im not going to completly tell you how to bypass it, but lets just say that, you have to ground out a wire from the output of the headunit. Do at your own risk. $850 ticket in California.
    Casey

4. adikted

adikted New Member

you can find directions online on how to bypass. I would just google search whatever brand HU you have and then bypass. Unless you have an AVICN2. Then it's the biggest pain in the butt to bypass. You can also usually pay a shop to do it even though they pretend that they won't.

I'm up in the air about the whole viewing while driving thing. I think the whole damn thing is a distraction to have. What's the difference if you have a touch screen that you use while driving or a movie playing. It's distracting as a whole. Anyway, you may get pulled over for it unless you get a switch for it on your dash or something.

5. shockwavef399

shockwavef399 Full Member

hello, i have a jvc kd-avx1 dvd player in my car right now that i put in myself, your suppossed to run the ground to the parking brake switch, pull your radio out and ground that wire to your other black wire in the harness. witch would make it permanintly grounded witch means you can watch your dvd player at anytime i didnt tell you this