infinity or polk

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Speakers' started by rekkonda, Feb 10, 2010.

1. rekkonda

rekkonda Full Member

ive been trying to decide what door speakers would be better to put in my truck and ive heard that both polk and infinity make good speakers so i was hoping that you guys could help me out if anyone has any advice im all ears

2. agrimm34

agrimm34 Full Member

Polk is a better fit imo. I've hear Infinity before and wasnt to impressed

3. Kvo_8

Kvo_8 Full Member

polk db series. good quality, good price, great sound :)

4. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

Polk. . . .

5. pedro quiroga

pedro quiroga Well-Known Member

i have both.

6. rekkonda

rekkonda Full Member

wich ones do u like better cause ive heard that as far as the comonets go infinity is the better of the two

7. rekkonda

rekkonda Full Member

componets my bad

8. jonnyv713

jonnyv713 The Young Gun of CAT

i have heard of Infinity having a high failure rate. If you ask around here, everyone likes Polk I think.

9. rekkonda

rekkonda Full Member

alright thanks guys

10. elitecarsound

elitecarsound Full Member

i sell both brands. polk have a great mid bass sound, go and listen and choose the pair you like.

11. eviling

eviling Full Member

polk has the mids, but infinity has the highs, and most ive heard have very bright highs, it's all dependent on what your putting into them, amp or no amp and what you like. strong mids or bright highs, you really aren't going to get both in mid range speakers from what i've seen.

12. Viggen

Viggen Full Member

had my infinity perfect 6.1's for over 10yrs now.... zero issues

you need to go listen to them since they do have a different sound. In the past infinity was brighter & polk smooth/softer sound & depending on the amp you use you might need something bright or smooth.

I have old Adcom amps so I wanted a speaker slightly bright. The 6.1's repleced polk components & I have zero regrets.

My midbass actually improved with the 6.1's vs the polks.... but I can't remember the model of the polks I used.

13. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

I have a set of infinity reference 6.5" and tweet components complete...Only a few hours of use on them...Selling them pretty cheap...

let me know

Willy

14. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

how much are you selling them for willy?

15. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

$50 plus shipping...

16. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

17. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

I believe those are the ones...I can take some pics and look closely at the box but I believe those are the ones...I have paypal and I can ship them whenever...

I bought them and they sat unopened in the box for a couple years...I installed them in my tahoe and I wasn't happy with the sound...I bought a set of polk momo's...The polks sound pretty much the same. I believe the response in the tahoe is why I didn't like them...I just decided to keep the polks in there and I still have the infinity's....I only had them in use for about a week....

Willy

18. cccullen

cccullen Full Member

ok willy, so how much for shipping?

19. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Let me check shipping and I will get back to you in a few hours...I also have some pics I will post up...thanks

20. Willy D

Willy D Full Member

Here are the pics

Attached Files: