Image Dynamics and little Monkies

Discussion in 'General Car Audio Discussions' started by squatchie, Jan 25, 2003.

1. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

I have been looking at the IDMAX 12" subs, and wonder if anyone has used them before, type of setup, details and what not. I have some if their IDQ's, i think they have pretty good SQ. Just dont know if the IDMAX will have good SQ and SPL like ID claims. Anyone have suggestions on durability and is the price worth it?

The only thing I have had in the past really is some JL 10W0 and liked the way they sound, and they lasted for a long time.

2. BlkX

BlkX Full Member

The IDQ, in the right box, is one of the best SQ subs on the market. I think they do a pretty good job of getting loud too. The IDMAX is said to have BETTER SQ than the IDQ by almost everyone who's heard/had both. Again, the install is the most crucial part of all of this, but all installs being correct, the IDMAX's should have excellent SQ and get much louder than the IDQ's (with the suggested RMS power anyway).

I think the price is worth it for a sub of that caliber as well. No offense, but either of the subs you're looking at from ID should dust the JL W0's.

3. sandt38

sandt38 Full Member

I agree with Chris. He has a pair of IDQs and I was really impressed with the woofer. From the IDQ to the IDMax is a big step. You are going from a nice sub to a super-sub. I have yet to hear of any reliability issues with any of the ID woofers, so have no fear, jump on in, I doubt you will be disappointed.

4. squatchie

squatchie Full Member

Those JL i had where pretty nice, got a couple 10", with a box and installed for $200. Not a bad deal, nothing special about the box, but they sounded pretty good. After that i went with some Kicker Comp VR 12", and i didnt like them. Then on to the IDQ 12", and they sound pretty good.

Just wanted some opinions on the MAX before i change the whole setup...put about 2 months in the current setup, and it sounds pretty good.