Im new...help w/ amp

Discussion in 'Car Stereo Amplifiers' started by E-dubb, May 9, 2006.

1. E-dubb

E-dubb Full Member

Hi I'm new to this site. i hope I'm posting in the right spot..

well i need help with my system.

first i need a amp to run my 2 Kicker S10L7 2 ohm DVC 600 RMS
    should i get a 1 ch. mono or can i go w/ a 2 ch.
    what should i look for I'm buying off e-bay and only want to spend 220$i will spend more if i have to..
    THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. TheViking

TheViking Well-Known Member

An amp that is monblock or stereo that bridges into mone will work equally well. ideally either one will have an electronic x-over built into it. also look for a quality brand name, dont go for a 2000 watt no-name chinese amp that sells for 89 bucks!!!!!

Amps are basically the same whether they are monoblocks or stereo rigs. One half of the amp pushes, the other half pulls the speaker.....to put it simply

3. E-dubb

E-dubb Full Member

will this work

Item Specifics - Car Amplifiers
    Brand: Xtant RMS Wattage: 500
    Model: x603 Condition: Used
    Channels: 3-Channel

ok this is the amp i have will it work with these S10L7 2 of them????

Specifications Number of Channels 3 Watts per Channel 4 Ohm 2 x 75 + 1 x 150 Watts per Channel 2 Ohm 2 x 150 + 1 x 300 Front Channels bridged mono at 4 Ohms 1 x 300 Module Ports 4-Accessory Features * Fully Regulated PWM Power Supply * Complimentary MOSFET Design * Defeatable Balanced Input * Adjustable Input Sensitivity * 24dB/oct Low Pass, High Pass, Bandpass Crossover * RCA Outputs with 24dB/Oct Crossover * Left & Right Independent Gains * Adjustable Noise Gate * Passive Rear Channels Amplifier is in good condition and works like it did when it was new.

4. aznboi3644

aznboi3644 Full Member

Why did you make two threads about the same thing? Forum admins dont like that?

Again yes it will work. Won't make those subs pound but it will work.

5. The_Ancient

The_Ancient Full Member

not going to work very well at all.

first off it is a 3 channel amp, so you can use the 2ch part of it, and get 75w's per sub which is not going to make them do much.

the single channel is not rated below 4ohm therefore you cant use it at all. and you can wire your subs to 1ohm because the amp will blow

you definatly need a differant amp

6. E-dubb

E-dubb Full Member

Thanks for all your help i didn't mean to post it twice

7. Hautewheeler

Hautewheeler Full Member

Yeah.. you're best bet is to get a mono amp that has two outputs and is 1ohm stable, and then wire each sub's voice coil together in parallel. Shouldn't be hard to find an amp in your price range.. (there are about a billion) That setup will work nicely..

8. ibanezFreak87

ibanezFreak87 Full Member

I just got an Alpine MRD-M1005 V12 Mono amp hooked up to two 12 inch infinity's. And let me tell you, they pound... so I recomend getting the M1005 on ebay... I got mine for 345 with shipping.